• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

P.D. Publishing, Inc.

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Unimportant

I got a Sisyphus point!!!!!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This thread, and many others -- it's been reposted in a number of places that I've seen, so the info will remain out there (including a Not Recommended on P&E).

harperconlon

Registered
Reaction score
To add a bit more to this story. I recently heard from someone who has first hand knowledge of the information, that Bella Distribution, who distributes both ebooks and print books, offered to foot the bill to convert all of P.D. Publishing's books to ebooks. And they refused.

So financial problems doesn't seem to be the reason they're reluctant to put out ebooks. I don't know how it is in other genres but ebooks for account for 50-75% of total sales of lesbian fiction. That's a lot of lost revenue for P.D. Publishing and their authors.

LeslieB

Geek Unique
Registered
Reaction score

Unimportant

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'd be very surprised if P.D. Publishing, Inc = the pirate-thief PD Publishers.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I would be gobsmacked to the point that I am assuming there is no connection.

PD Publishing has always been above board.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
To be fair, Ms. Andrews does point out that the stolen book is listed as PD Publishing, and the company uses P.D. Publishing on Amazon, so it may not be the same bunch.

I'm 90% sure that was edited into her post after I read it. Sneaky! :tongue

absitinvidia

A bit of a wallflower
Registered
Reaction score
Apparently PD Publishing--the GLBT one--is closing its doors.

From the website:

31 December 2012: With heavy hearts we regretfully announce that PD Publishing, Inc will be officially closing at the end of the year 2013.

We are very proud of what PD Publishing was able to accomplish over the years – quality books, happy customers, and happy authors. With everything in consideration, it is best that PD departs as gracefully as it can at this time. All things must come to an end, and we want this to end before our health or our family suffers further.

So, over the coming months we will be busy closing the books and tying up loose ends with our authors and distributors. Current books in print will stay in print until contracts are officially terminated. Author and title names will still be on PD's website until the terminations are finalized.​

Unimportant

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, dear. That "before our health or our family suffers further" doesn't sound good.

Good on 'em for getting things sorted with their authors rather than disappearing into the ether. I hope it all goes well.

Elizabeth George's book Write Away