• U.S. members: The Federal Government is offering each household in the United States four (4) free at-home Covid-19 test kits. https://www.covidtests.gov/

Ozzy vs. US sense of humour.

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

screamingturnip

Registered
Reaction score
Can Aussies still see butt cracks on television? As an American I kinda miss that. We have a show called COPS and it's just not the same without the butt cracks.

Also, has anyone thought of trying to force a mass migration of Kangaroos to Austria for the sole purpose of invalidating those bumper stickers?

edit: now my statements are back to their designed level of incoherency.

Last edited:

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
We can see whole bums on teev.

Are butt cracks considered offensive in oyur neck of the woods?

Whatever do the plumbers do...

screamingturnip

Registered
Reaction score
We can see whole bums on teev.

Are butt cracks considered offensive in oyur neck of the woods?

Whatever do the plumbers do...
First off yes, yes they are. Hence mooning

The reason why we can't see asses on tv anymore is for fear of pubes, which no one is actually afraid but we must pretend to be prudish.

That's the thing with us we pretend to be prudish, except for black face. That's usually pretty damn real outrage. Odd line in the sand, but hey, least you can make middle passage jokes.... which makes it all the more odd.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Butt cracks just don't do it for me, but yes, we get them on TV over here.

Actually... I remember an episode of The Simpsons (an American show) that shows Homer's butt crack when someone drops a pencil down it. Was that released before the no-butt-crack law came into being, or is it different for cartoons?

screamingturnip

Registered
Reaction score
Butt cracks just don't do it for me, but yes, we get them on TV over here.

Actually... I remember an episode of The Simpsons (an American show) that shows Homer's butt crack when someone drops a pencil down it. Was that released before the no-butt-crack law came into being, or is it different for cartoons?
I exaggerated because the phrase butt crack was funnier than butt. Anyways simpsons don't have pubes, no fear. However, butt cracks are becoming less and less common.

Why are pubes bad? For reasons that are completely arbitrary.

LunaFancy

Registered
Reaction score
Prudishness is a foreign word over here. After 9pm pretty much anything goes on teev. Sexual references racial and cultural slurs, religious persecution, as long as it's meant to be funny all bets are off - god i love Good News Week lol!

Funnily enough, the govt. owned tv station usually has the most outrageous political satire. although the Chaser boys did push the envelope far enough to be axed in the end. Damned shame too, I hope they come back with another show soon.

Personally, I still think the childed have too much say in what we can watch. Put the brats to bed or turn the bloody tv off if you're so worried. I'm sick of people with kids having a say in what I have access to because they are shitty parents.

/rant

Elizabeth George's book Write Away