Opportune October - 500 words / day writing or editing, all genres welcome!

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Our regularly scheduled thread returns once again! Set goals (or don't), check in with progress, and cheer everyone along. Here's to a good month for you all.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I'll begin with a confession. I haven't touched my WIP since June. I've barely written anything in the past months. There are "reasons" for this, but there's also a lot of fear and avoidance in there.

My only goal for October is to break through that fear. I don't have a target wordcount or anything. I just want to get back into the WIP.

• Hug
Reactions: lizmonster

TStarnes

Registered
Reaction score
Website
tstarnes.com
I've set a really aggressive plan to put out books this year (I started the plan back in July and so far I've managed to keep up), so my goal for Oct. is 100,000 words and to get a book finished and out the door by the end of the month.

Reactions: lizmonster

TStarnes

Registered
Reaction score
Website
tstarnes.com
My only goal for October is to break through that fear. I don't have a target wordcount or anything. I just want to get back into the WIP.

I think it's fine not to have a wordcount goal. Sometimes the best thing you can do is just get started and write anything. Once you get going, it's much easier to keep going and a big goal sitting in front of you can sometimes be discourage you from just starting.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I've felt weirdly quiet this month. (Yes, I know I still yak a lot! But still.)

I'm trying to get through a final revision, so I can pass this book off to my formatting guy. At that point I have to start the self-publishing engine, and I'm feeling sort of terrified of that. Among other things, when I'm done with this book, I have to go back to the other one, and it's been screaming IMPOSTOR at me for years now.

But I'm chipping away at things, one day at a time. Just wish I was faster. :)

Reactions: onesecondglance