ON your marks, get set....

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Also, how do we follow the books rankings?
At Lulu? It shows up on the main SoS page, under Product Details -- Lulu Sales Rank

Last edited:

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lady K'Lyssia said:
I'm going to scan my flyer into my computer as something other than a PDF some I can actually add the appropiate information at the bottom of the flyer when I print them out without having to handwrite it (I have lousy handwriting) or put a label on it.

Will look more professional that way in my opinion.
The only thing to watch out for is too many print/scan/copy cycles leading to a deterioration of the quality of the final product. You'll be able to tell tho'. A label is another good alternative to handwriting.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Thank you so much to everyone who's ordering copies! Lady, you're awesome.

We're about to sell our 100th book.

:banana:

Grocery stores will often let you leave flyers or bookmarks, too. And local businesses are apt to let you put a poster in the window, or let you leave bookmarks on the counter.

Good Word

still crazy after all these years
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wordmountain.com
I ordered three to start. And I am emailing about 300 people this week. I'm guessing 15% of them will buy it.

I hope it really doesn't take a week to get the copies. I can't stand it! I want 'em now!

Edited to add: And Chunk, the sales ranking was still 1409 after I ordered. I guess it doesn't get updated immediately?

Last edited:

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
Despite my efforts, my mother found out about this. So she's probably going to order several copies soon.

I've seen Lulu's special page about the anthology (http://www.lulu.com/storiesstrength ) but they haven't featured it on the front page or anything.

Also if someone wants to let those who run http://www.hatrack.com/ know about this, you may find a sudden spike in sales.

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
While the website looks great, I think the Lulu sales page needs a little help. The .pdf preview is good, but it skips the TOC. I've already had one guy think that the song available in the preview is the extent of OSC's contribution. Is it possible to put the TOC up there? If not, I can put it there in a review or sumtin'.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
scfirenice said:
Does anyone have tips on what to do with the bookmarks and flyers. I had a ton printed at Staples and now am wondering what to do with them.

Bookstores and libraries. Also coffee shops and hangings like chic restaurants, theaters, music halls, etc. where cultural people frequent. Flyers -- store fronts in your neighborhood...

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
I'm seeing two different prices for the download version. I clicked on "by various authors" link to see what it would say and it takes you to another "buy it now" page but download version listed as $4.75 there and $5.09 on first page. I guess it'll take a little while to get all the kinks out.

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I found this in their forum section on sales ranking:

Lulu sales rank is calculated by a mystical formula that involves both the quantity of products sold, and the price of the product sold. It's a weighted system, so free products carry less weight in the rankings than products with a price. And a $20 book will carry more weight than a $2 PDF download. Only the great seers of Lulu know the actual formula, however, and they aren't telling
icon_wink.gif

Robert Rohloff

Registered
Reaction score
I just ordered some copies. I have eight siblings plus all their grown children that I have contacted. I hope we will be seeing sales of around forty to fifty copes just inside my family. They were all very excited about the project, and said they would pass on the word to all their friends. Cheers to all of you. Who made this dream a reality.

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
You know, for only starting to write with the intention of publication five years ago, my little bookshelf is really starting to fill up quite nicely. One book that's totally my own, plus two anthologies.
(plus the bound copy of the Nano book I wrote last year that my publisher had done for me, but that's only for me. :) )

Coo!

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When I placed an order late in the evening of Nov. 1, Lulu's site told me something like "due to increased business, your order may be delayed."

Didn't bother me--I just figured we were all doing our job and thus swamping Lulu's printing presses!

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
I am starting to get really worried. The amount was removed from my bank account on Nov.2, and I paid the extra to have it shipped priority but still no book.

:snoopy::snoopy:I know one thing, when it finally arrives, I will dance and scream so loud, the neighbors will wonder what is happening! :snoopy::snoopy:

edit on 11/15: Boohooo - still no book

Last edited:

Lady of Prose

Member - the "Sting Gang."
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I ordered my 5 copies along with a copy of AN the first day of Nov., and received them today. I'm pleased as can be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Book