On Queries and Agents: Information Sources

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Is anyone aware of a current list of agents? The AgentQuery list is outdated and still populated by the same, tired agencies who seem to be thinning out as time goes on.
The index is pretty current. QueryTracker is pretty current. Basically, though, you're going to be researching every agent you query, so "up to date enough" is a decent place to start. I found research took me between 10 and 30 minutes each.

Reactions: Maxx2

Al X.

Registered
Reaction score
The index is pretty current. QueryTracker is pretty current. Basically, though, you're going to be researching every agent you query, so "up to date enough" is a decent place to start. I found research took me between 10 and 30 minutes each.

That is absolutely super. Thank you.

Maxx2

Registered
Reaction score
This is extremely true. Even with Query Manager even a little investigation will sometimes find some odd rabbit holes -- especially about a year ago when the pandemic was rolling in. For example -- agents that switched agencies, agents that switched genres (I guess that's a thing?) agencies that sort of vanished or changed sites etc. etc. So yes! Do always check on where you are actually sending things. And even then strange things can happen. But do what you can!