"Old" People Writing for Teens V

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
Coffeebeans - I just got a new laptop too! My old one was so old the keys were falling off, but setting up the new one has been an effort in patience. I think I'm there now. What are you querying? Need any help?

Good luck with the new laptop! May it serve you well!

Re: Queries -- I really like writing them! But if I write it, I have to send it out, and that part I haaaaate. So, I'm not working on the query to prevent myself from having to do the next part....

Reactions: KiwiLady

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
I had my first writing group meeting last night. I'm glad I finally took the step. I share work next time...which makes me nervous. For those of you in groups, do you have groups that are all novelists? All YA? We have a big mix in the one I joined--short stories, poets. I'm the only MG/YA writer.

Sage

Hero/Villain/Angel/Demon
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
My old writing group came out of a NaNo write-in that we loved and just kept going after November ended. We were not a crit group at all, but we started as a writing group, and really evolved into a plotting group without much actual writing during the time. Nobody wrote the same thing as anyone else, lol

Reactions: Kewii

Catriona Grace

Registered
Reaction score
I had my first writing group meeting last night. I'm glad I finally took the step. I share work next time...which makes me nervous. For those of you in groups, do you have groups that are all novelists? All YA? We have a big mix in the one I joined--short stories, poets. I'm the only MG/YA writer.
Congratulations on joining a writers group! That was one of the hardest things I ever did. Congratulations, too, on planning to share your work. That might be the second hardest thing I ever did, but I managed to not swallow my tongue and so will you. ;)

My group is mixed: YA, romance, memoir, short story, poetry, articles for periodicals. I prefer a mixed group since I work in several areas myself. Some members are self-published, a couple traditionally published, some still struggling to produce that first really good story. I'm the token pagan in a group of Christian writers which made me cautious at first but has not been a problem in the two years I've been part of the group.

Reactions: Kewii

Bookgirl2021

"All that is gold does not glitter..."
Registered
Reaction score
It's been really quiet in here for a while. How's everybody doing? How are writing (or any other) projects going?

For me writing has kind of been put on pause while I get back in the groove of full time work and grad school. It's kind of crazy right now, but it feels good to be busy again.

AlanHeise

Lothar
Registered
Reaction score
I also write for teens, and young adults but include older characters with content to show wisdom or older viewpoints in my story line. There is ample contrast between my younger characters and their parents and older characters in the story line. Which for me lets the tension between younger interest in changes and old interest in maintaining the status of society. I use MS word for my writing as it helps me with my spelling and grammar. I then us Word pad for post. My novel is all about hopeful better society changes, and the tension about how fast we are doing this.

Featured Book