Oh no. What have I done.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have a dilemma.

Since I decided to write NaNo, I have known what I was going to write. I have the outline for my MG fantasy all ready to go. I've had this idea for a while and I have been very, very sure that this was the right time for this project.

Then today, I got this crazy idea. And these characters are in my head and they won't shut up. I started jotting down the ideas. There is one in particular that won't shut up. I'm not sure they will shut up during NaNo or if I should instead write this new project.

Help!

davids

Banned
Reaction score
so Mom-no problem dear heart-always go with your voice-if it is talking to you then listen and write till your ___ bleeds or something comparable-NEVER DENY THE VOICE-TIMING IS SPIRIT-so if you understand that you understand us and you beat everyone else to the punch-including us-just do it and when you have it published you can publicly thank the voices that are screaming at you-one ear is deaf-so the other one cannot hear-Luv Dave

RhinoMom

Registered
Reaction score
I think you have to consider your objective.

I'd imagine your goal is to write your story. If it's calling to you now, why wait?

If the inspiration hits, don't ignore it.

Go with the new project while it's calling to you.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You're right. The character just won't shut up. She arrived last night and she hasn't given me a moment's peace. I guess I'll have to listen to her.

It is calling me.

I guess her arrival just before NaNo must be divine intervention. Thanks all.

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
If your muse is shouting at you, it pays to listen. You've got twelve more days before the start of NaNo, so there's no need to decide right now. Also, you said your original project is already outlined. I'd suggest using the time to play with your new idea, and decide which one you want to write on Halloween.

Good luck in whatever you choose!

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I though the nightmare story would be perfect and I would be in the mood right after Halloween. But this lady just won't shut up.

Did I mention that she isn't alive? She's Death. And she tags along with MC because MC can see her and yaks at her the whole time. She really won't shut up.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The new muse is named Hepzebah and she's pretty darn loud. I suspect she's going to win the shouting contest. Plus I told hubby what I thought her story was going to be and he laughed out loud, which is a pretty good sign.

Thanks, y'all. I feel better about this.

smiley10000

What do we do? We write...
Registered
Reaction score
I actually had a story come to me in the middle of last night of muse kidnapping my muse and taking over. They were holding my muse for ransom until I wrote the story they wanted to tell. Until that point, I always thought we only had one muse...

Hmmm...How many are there out there???
:scared:10000

davids

Banned
Reaction score
So dear Mom-we think you are getting the point-SO DO IT! Luv Dave

TheIT

Registered
Reaction score
My muse is a werewolf. Ever since the beginning of October he's been off chasing rabbits and shepherdesses rather than helping me think about my current WIP, but now that I've decided to do NaNo that's all I can think about. I've got the first couple of scenes mapped out in my head, and this morning I figured out how to introduce the second POV character. Hopefully my muse will stick around until the next full moon.... :D

Soccer mom, glad to see you finally found someone to name Hepzebah, and glad to hear you got a good reaction from your husband about your story idea. It's always good when one's audience laughs in the right places.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks cousin IT. I'll have a talk with your muse. We dogs understand each other.

Finally found a Hepzebah. That's also the name of the character who won't shut up. :D)

TeddyG

The Other Shoe Will Fall!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.virginisrael.com
See folks I told you S&M is not a stable person. Now she has voices in her head. And you guys sit here and amuse her ... we should be calling for the men in white overalls..and the straight jackets....

I always said S&M is weird...now she has finally flipped. :D

TheIT

Registered
Reaction score
In the immortal words of Doctor Who (Tom Baker): "What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" :D

Thanks cousin IT. I'll have a talk with your muse. We dogs understand each other.

Technically, he's half man, half wolf, so he doesn't turn completely into a wolf (the actor acted so well they ditched the animatronic wolf head they were going to use). If you see a handsome, sharply-dressed man with black hair, fangs, and glowing red eyes run by, be sure to send him my way.

(Kudos to anyone who gets the reference. ;) )

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
TeddyG said:
See folks I told you S&M is not a stable person. Now she has voices in her head. And you guys sit here and amuse her ... we should be calling for the men in white overalls..and the straight jackets....

I always said S&M is weird...now she has finally flipped. :D

Such flattery. You just like me because you're missing Jaycinth ;) We all know you like your women unstable. (except for September. She's too stable for you.)

TeddyG

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.virginisrael.com
Soccer Mom said:
Such flattery. You just like me because you're missing Jaycinth ;) We all know you like your women unstable. (except for September. She's too stable for you.)

Bite your tongue...S&M....
Mention September....you know that makes me swoon...so not fair! :D

ahhhh September..September...for the smile of September the kingdom will be lost

TeddyG

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.virginisrael.com
hey S&M look what I got for you until the nice men all dressed in white arrive to take you and those people in your head away on a nice long vacation

Here are some nice pills...they will make you feel all better...

health.gif
health.gif
health.gif
health.gif
health.gif
health.gif
health.gif
health.gif

uglygaga.gif

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D