Office 2010

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
Hi, it's been a long time and now that I'm trying to return, I found I needed a new system. I got Office 2010. I bought the giant for Dummies book. Parts of it I'm discovering quite all right, but one important part escapes me. Would anyone tell me how I can save files to a disk? I see files can go to the Cloud, to one drive, to the part of the program I'm using, but I really want to be able to put the file on a hard disk to carry it around. If you can't put it on a disk, are you expected to buy a laptop to carry around? I'm sure once I get the hang of it, I'll like it. Thanks to anyone who has suggestions, or for just reading my question.

Al X.

Registered
Reaction score
I think your issue is not familiarity with MS Office, it's rather an issue of your familiarity with your own computer's file system. Are you using a Mac? (can''t help you there.) If you are using a PC, then "Save as" find the location you want to put it on either your hard drive, Onedrive, or external disk.

Most modern laptops no longer have CD drives, so your only option is a thumb drive. Plug in the thumb drive, open your file manager, find it by the drive letter it gets assigned, and save your file there. When you are done, eject through the file manager and carry it with you to your heart's content until you want to plug it back in and work on it.

Edit: Okay a thumb drive isn't your only option. You can get USB external hard drives but they are kind of pointless these days, with the capacity of modern thumb drives.

Reactions: Maryn and ChaseJxyz

ChaseJxyz

Writes 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 and 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 accessories
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chasej.xyz
IN WINDOWS: You go file ==> save as and then you get a dialog box [like this]. You want to go down "This PC" or "My PC". You will see the various disk drives that are plugged in. C: is normally the drive inside of your computer that the OS lives on. Higher letters in the alphabet will be D: or F: or whatever. The name of the disk should also show up there, like SANDISK THUMBDRIVE or the like. You then click that, and then whatever folders if you wish, to choose where to save it. Then you name it whatever you ant and hit save.

for any other OS: I don't know lol. You didn't say in your post what operating system you're using.

Reactions: Maryn