• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Oak Tree Press

Shalanna

Registered
Reaction score
Oak Tree Press is offering to carry titles on the Kindle, but not publish it {...} give the author $1.04 of the profit, and they would retain the rights to the title in Kindle format.

You can self-publish a Kindle title and keep all the money. I'd just publish it to the Kindle myself.

MartinD

Thought I'd stop by
Registered
Reaction score
Jess Orenduff's book THE POT THIEF WHO STUDIED EINSTEIN has been nominated for a Lefty under humorous crime novel . . . and it's out from Oak Tree Press of Illinois. I have been asked to submit to Oak Tree. Now, this is a mystery that has finaled in the St. Martin's contest twice, but was not ever chosen as a winner. Agents give the query a pass. So . . . should I try Oak Tree? If one of their books wins an award, won't that give them more prestige? Or am I just falling into the usual trap?

There are enough flags about Oak Tree Press that I'd pass.

If agents are passing on your query (but the book is good enough to final in contests), have you considered reworking your query?

Also remember that an agent doesn't have to represent your manuscript for some publishers to give it a look. Have you tried approaching publishers directly?

ambermg

Registered
Reaction score
OakTree Press?

Does anyone have any information about them?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Just an FYI that Ms. Johnson and Oak Tree Press have moved back to California.

ETA: Activity ceased after '16 'cept for blog, which continued into May '17.

Last edited: