• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Numenorean Films (Cary Solomon)

kevacho

Registered
Reaction score
Numenorean films

Anyone ever heard of Numenorean films, based out of Studio City, CA? I think it's either a small production house, agency, or management. Got a tiny hit off of www.inktip.com, and now they're asking to see my screenplay. It's run by a Cary Solomon. She, and or, he, has some writing and producing credits (mostly straight to video fair) on www.imdb.com.

Again, any and all information, would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin
www.kevacho.com

(pleas pass the cofee...)

Last edited by a moderator:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
What are their current projects? Google doesn't find anything more recent than 2001, their website is down or gone, and the page for their music division hasn't been updated since mid-2003.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
FWIW, I responded on your Solomon thread. Also, check out the Done Deal forums, if you haven't already.

twill

FYI, Cary Solomon and his partner Chuck Konzelman are essentially a couple of scam artists, soliciting ideas and scripts from aspiring writers and then presenting them to talent and producers as their own material. They are best avoided at all costs.

gringohome

Registered
Reaction score
Numenorean

I'm a Membership Executive at InkTip, and we recently put a call out to our writers on behalf of Cary and Chuck at Numenorean Films. I've spoken with them a lot over the last few years, and always found them to be professional and courteous. I know they are WGA members themselves, although as producers, they are not WGA signatory yet.

I've fielded some complaints from writers who've found this posting, and who want to know whether Cary and Chuck are con artists or legitimate producers. Judging from their references and contacts in the industry, there's a lot of evidence to support the latter. I haven't yet been able to find one verifiable and legitimate complaint, on the other hand. Just a couple of anonymous postings deriding them on the internet, with no names that can be verified or experiences described to substantiate these claims.

If anyone has a real experience with Numenorean Films, please contact us! To everyone else: I've spent a lot of time trying to track down just one verifiable complaint to substantiate claims that they've dealt poorly with writers, and I haven't been able to find a single one yet.

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
I don't see why anyone would be so put off by one anonymous comment from nearly a year ago. The person who posted that has never posted anything else here at AbsoluteWrite.

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
Then again, we don't know if this other person is actually with Inktip or is Cary or Chuck or someone completely off the street.

Isn't anonymity great . . .

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
Then again, we don't know if this other person is actually with Inktip or is Cary or Chuck or someone completely off the street.

Isn't anonymity great . . .

Also true.

But seriously, there seems to be a rash of "Oh! I just want to refute that!" posts about comments that are months or even years old lately. It confuses my tired brain.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
I think gringohome's complaint is a valid one. There's no proof anywhere (that I can find) that Numenorean Films is anything but a legit company. Just a bunch of unsubstantiated rumors and opinions. The Bewares and Background Checks forum isn't intended as a malicious gossip mill. If anyone has FACTS then feel free to post 'em here. Otherwise... don't post, please.

-Derek

Richard White

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
Oh, I agree that the poster right above gringohome's message was long on inuendo and short on facts. It's not the kind of thing I'd base any decisions on if I was looking into screen writing.

However, my point about anonymity cuts both ways. It makes it harder to verify who's trustworthy and who's just here to stir the muck.

It's more a general observation than anything else.

Course, I could be a 85 year old grandma in Peoria posting as someone in Maryland too. I think that might come as a surprise to my wife and daughter, but then again, all you have are my words here as to my trustworthiness also.

*grin*

gringohome

Registered
Reaction score
Oops! Anonymity does indeed go both ways!

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your replies. I think we're all in agreement: old anonymous postings on the web aren't exactly the best sources of information. And someone else made an excellent point: anonymity goes both ways. I shouldn't have claimed to be a Membership Executive at InkTip without giving some way to verify that claim.

If you go to www.InkTip.com, you can find a contact form or email address there. (I don't want to post mine here, or every bot on the web will phish me out and spam me.) But if you'd like to send me a message through my work, go to the URL above and address your note to Jared. C'est moi, mon peeps.

If you ever get a option through InkTip, by the way, I'm probably going to be the guy who confirms it and writes up the announcement for the newsletter. I rarely ever handle emails from writers - that's the writers' department's domain, and they get testy when I correspond with our member scribes - but if you want to verify my identity, send me a note, and I'll reply from a real live InkTip address.

And if you've had a option through our service in the last few years and we've already corresponded, holla! :)

--Jared

Richard White

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
Pleasure to meet you Jared.

Stick around and visit some of the other sections here. It's definitely an "interesting" place.

Rich

(Oh, darn, I forgot a bunch of you guys met me at NASFIC, so much for keeping the Grandmother costume around . . . )

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
Richard, if you promise to send me boxes of cookies on a regular basis, I may be willing to swear that you're a grandma ;)

Jared, thanks for giving further information and revealing your Secret Identity. Class act, sir.

Thanks to your input and CaoPaux's always-amazing research, my hope is that future visitors to the thread will have better things to go on than twill's drive-by slamming from 2007.

DrRita

Act One '08
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ritabetti.com
Hey folks. I have sold a script on inktip.com . . . great place and also I know Cary and Chuck. Great guys, very funny, professional and dedicated. Couldn't help but post this . . . sorry it's a month later.

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org
Also true.

But seriously, there seems to be a rash of "Oh! I just want to refute that!" posts about comments that are months or even years old lately. It confuses my tired brain.

It's google. Many companies of interest to writers have the Absolute Write thread pop up on the first page of results. It doesn't matter how old it is. If it is prominent in google search results for that specific thing, it will attract readers and (eventually) more commentary.

poliacough

Registered
Reaction score
confused.com

HEY,Kevacho:
Whats the skinny with Cary Solomon and his company.I too have had a request to submit a script based on a treatment and generated thru INKSPOT.Now i`m mega confused.I assumed because it came thru INKSPOT it was 100 per cent legit.Somebody help.Are they a Christian company.The only ref I found to Point Blank was a film directed by Kenny Branagh and starring Emma Thompson: should I book my hols in the Seychelles or what,guys?;
2)Anyone know how much options are.I only know the Brit WG and PACT rates.
3)Has ANYONE got any info about agents:something that can be printed at least???:welcome:

Poliacough
(Guys feel free to get in touch with me:any convo with fellow writers is like silver apples in baskets of gold:you try talking to peeps on the British Sitcom Guide:(I also write comedy).They clam up tighter than a ducks backside)

Last edited by a moderator:

Fish4HImEnt

Registered
Reaction score
Cary Solomon and Chuck Konzelman are the real deal. Cary and Chuck are great guys and if they are interested in your screenplay you can trust that they would treat you right.

Fish4HImEnt

Registered
Reaction score
Cary Solomon and Chuck Konzelman are very legit and are Christian writers. I know this from experience.

Richard White

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
As I was telling Cao Paux earlier, almost as much fun as getting a personal email complaining about my take in this thread.

I had to go to the index to even remember what I was being chastised for.

Personally, compared to other threads, I think I was relatively well-behaved in this one.