Novel trailers - anyone else made their own as well? :)

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calliea

Hush, hush...
Registered
Reaction score
Hey. So I've just finished working on a trailer for my novel, and I wonder if there are other people around here who did it/are doing it? :) I've watched plenty various ones on YT before, so I thought, maybe people around here also got some to show :D

I hope so. I like these things a lot.

Mine's here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPTwk_bKauo

Brutal Mustang

Loves interplanetary chaos.
Registered
Reaction score
Cool. I like how you had that one character holding still, while the hair and fabric was moving. As an artist, I know that would be time-consuming to do well.

Calliea

Hush, hush...
Registered
Reaction score
That is a stunning trailer, Calliea. I usually avoid book trailers (opinion poisoned by terrible examples), so I'm always thrilled to see good ones.

I might be hiring you for something self-pubbed, eventually, if you contract out.

Thank you, I'm glad you like it :) I've seen some not so great ones, but there's also quite a few I enjoyed. Would give you names if I remembered any :( Watching them in a batch left only an impression in my head, not so much titles.

I don't know what the future shall bring. You can always message me though :)

Cool. I like how you had that one character holding still, while the hair and fabric was moving. As an artist, I know that would be time-consuming to do well.

A, it's not that bad. It would be if I did it better - then I'd need to for example have the hair strands on separate layers, and definitely separate from the hair on the head :p But since it's a picture I drew I had the character, hair, and clothes all on separate layers as it was, so animating them separately was no problem at all :)

Last edited:

randi.lee

Certified Non-Genius
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rlwrites.com
I never thought of doing one before; however, that's quite cool and catchy! I might make one just for fun! Thanks for the inspiration

:)

Eric Long

Ominous Latin Word
Registered
Reaction score
Dang, didnt know people actually did this! I haven't made my own, but I have imagined what it would be like in my head at least half a trillion times... You guys got some nice ones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Thanksgiving

Autumn image for Thanksgiving