Janaye

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Janaye. Looking forward to writing with all but most of you and having a good time!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments. Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight! Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Hi Janaye and welcome to AW! :)

You've landed at a most excellent writing place. In fact, in my opinion, AW is the premier writing resource on the internet. There is a large, vibrant community and a huge amount of information on all things writing and publishing, all available free of charge.

We have a 50-post requirement in place before a person can start a thread asking for critique or for a beta reader. This is to encourage community engagement. The more we contribute, the more we find we'll get back in the long term. And make no mistake, writing is a long term game :D

Please take time to read the room stickies so as to get a feel for the culture of the various areas of the forum, as well as the Newbies guide you were linked to on registration. I can't emphasize those two things enough :) Then lurk a bit, join in conversations you find fun or interesting, make friends, enjoy yourself.

See you around the boards!
Izz

Spencer Hinton

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Janaye. Looking forward to writing with all but most of you and having a good time!
Hello Janaye! Glad to see you here. Do you have any specific genres you are interested in writing and beta reading? Any favorite books to read?

Kirkhammer

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Janaye! What sort of works do you like to write?

Janaye

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Janaye! Glad to see you here. Do you have any specific genres you are interested in writing and beta reading? Any favorite books to read?
Anything action-packed. Honestly, I'm not really a fan of reading books, watching movies rather. But anything with thrillers and mysteries will hook me. But as a teenager, I enjoyed Enid Blyton's books, Madison Finn I think that's her name or at least the main character's name, all of the Hardy Boys books and, The Hunger Games books. Loved loved loved those!

Kirkhammer

Registered
Reaction score
Right now it's mysteries and thrillers, what about you?

I normally seem to write sci-fi and fantasy! Good to hear about mysteries and thrillers, though. What sort of mystery/thriller books have you read?

Spencer Hinton

Registered
Reaction score
Anything action-packed. Honestly, I'm not really a fan of reading books, watching movies rather. But anything with thrillers and mysteries will hook me. But as a teenager, I enjoyed Enid Blyton's books, Madison Finn I think that's her name or at least the main character's name, all of the Hardy Boys books and, The Hunger Games books. Loved loved loved those!
I've reached quite a bit of enjoyment from the Hardy Boys books too. Have you started on writing any sort of books yet? If so, which kind and genre?

Janaye

Registered
Reaction score
I've reached quite a bit of enjoyment from the Hardy Boys books too. Have you started on writing any sort of books yet? If so, which kind and genre?
Yes please, three actually but only one I've gotten far with. It's I guess both mystery and some parts of a thriller. What about you?

Spencer Hinton

Registered
Reaction score
Yes please, three actually but only one I've gotten far with. It's I guess both mystery and some parts of a thriller. What about you?
I've been working on a YA contemporary fantasy. What draft is the one you've gotten the furthest with at?