editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

claudiajustsaying

Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning, I'm excited to be a member of AW and eager to chat with other writers. I started writing in 2008 when my husband and I retired to Florida from New Jersey. I am a member of Florida Writer Association and have been published in several of their collection. I have a blog at wordpress (claudiajustsaying.com) and currently working on a novel. Claudia

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Welcome, Claudia, to the best writing place on the internet (in my opinion ;))!

You'll love it here, I'm sure. There's lot of information to sift through regarding all things writing and publishing, and a fun, active community to engage with.

The forums are large, which means it can be easy to get lost at first. I'd suggest using the front page as an anchor while you explore. Soon enough you'll find your hangout spots and you'll likely find you never want to leave!

See you around the boards :)
Izz

Reactions: claudiajustsaying

Maryn

Masked, Vaxed, Traveling
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Claudia. You're in good company; many of our members wanted to write and had several false starts stopped by real-life demands on their time and attention... until retirement, when more of your hours are your own. Feel free to get a feel for the boards that interest you and the community as a whole, either by reading cautiously in the background or by jumping in. It's all good!

Maryn, happy to meet you

Unimportant

but appreciated anyway...
Registered
Reaction score
Ooooh, retirement! My plan is to return to writing when I retire. I am counting down the years on the fingers of one hand......

claudiajustsaying

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes. Just the mention of boards makes me realize I've much to learn. i.e., How do I replace the ? with a don't know what it's called, hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about.

Maryn

Masked, Vaxed, Traveling
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's called an avatar--an image you choose to represent yourself here. (Shockingly enough, I am not Vincent Van Gogh.) To add or change one, look at the top right of your screen. See the bell at the right, an envelope to its left, and a question mark next to that? Click on the question mark, your present avatar. You'll get a drop-down menu with information about your account. Click on Account Details.

Avatar is the fourth item listed. Click there to add one. If you don't know how to link images or where they have to "live" to be linked, there's a FAQ for that: https://absolutewrite.com/forums/index.php?threads/faq-how-to-link-to-images-properly.304593/

Reactions: Izz

Unimportant

but appreciated anyway...
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Maryn -- I would never have figured that out! I've been da birdie for so long I'll stick with it, but it's good to know how to actually set up and change avatars. As always, you rock. You boulder!

claudiajustsaying

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Maryn -- I would never have figured that out! I've been da birdie for so long I'll stick with it, but it's good to know how to actually set up and chang e avatars. As always, you rock. You boulder!
Yes, thank you. I changed mine but not to one I love. I was able to use a picture I had taken . . .somehow and better to my liking than a question mark although the question mark says more about me than I like. . . just saying, Claudia

Maryn

Masked, Vaxed, Traveling
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I presumed you were a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.

Maryn, making things needlessly complex for years

Spencer Hinton

Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning, I'm excited to be a member of AW and eager to chat with other writers. I started writing in 2008 when my husband and I retired to Florida from New Jersey. I am a member of Florida Writer Association and have been published in several of their collection. I have a blog at wordpress (claudiajustsaying.com) and currently working on a novel. Claudia
Welcome! What genre is your novel? How long? I'm working on one too, and am interested to see what yours is like.

claudiajustsaying

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry for not responding sooner. I've had some heath problems (nothing serious} and working on a submission for FWA magazine. My novel, Moringside Drive, is 55,000 words. The genre is Women's Romance/Suspense. Thanks for the inquire. Tell me about your novel, please. Claudia

KoffieKat

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Claudia, I love that name so pretty! what kinds of things do you write! I love novels and really want to achieve writing one of my own.

Featured Book