New here!

GingerSnap06

Registered
Reaction score
Hi just stopping in to greet everyone. I’m very new here and new to writing romance. I have an art degree and for a long time neglected creatively writing. I usually write poetry. But recently Iv taken a huge interest in romance and more specifically boys love.
I’m at a point where I need to get some feed back on a few things in the details and figured this was the best place to say hi first and read what others are chatting about on here. That way when I’m ready I can pick y’all’s brains. 😁
I’m also what I’ve come to know as an intuitive writer and pantser. After learning that it’s made writing so much better and easier because I’m not stressing out over plot lines and going in a specific order.
But that makes sense cause I’m like a squirrel on a candy rush with the occasional adhd paralysis affect. Ha!

Anyways it’s nice to meet everyone!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We've got lots of people writing romance, at all heat levels and all pairings. (Some of us gather at the Erotica board.) So there's plenty of people to talk with about what you write, what you read, your process, and everything else.

Welcome to you!

Maryn, glad you found us

WistfullyYours

Registered
Reaction score
Hi just stopping in to greet everyone. I’m very new here and new to writing romance. I have an art degree and for a long time neglected creatively writing. I usually write poetry. But recently Iv taken a huge interest in romance and more specifically boys love.
I’m at a point where I need to get some feed back on a few things in the details and figured this was the best place to say hi first and read what others are chatting about on here. That way when I’m ready I can pick y’all’s brains. 😁
I’m also what I’ve come to know as an intuitive writer and pantser. After learning that it’s made writing so much better and easier because I’m not stressing out over plot lines and going in a specific order.
But that makes sense cause I’m like a squirrel on a candy rush with the occasional adhd paralysis affect. Ha!

Anyways it’s nice to meet everyone!
Hello and welcome! It's nice to meet you, too!

tmconley

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! Welcome! I just recently came across the term intuitive writer and I feel it fits me as well. Although I’ve found that at least having a bare bones outline with a few major scenes helps keep me on track and not end up writing 10k of words that go off the rails, haha.

Reactions: GingerSnap06

Norsebard

Registered
Reaction score
:hi: , GingerSnap06! :)

See you around the board!

Norsebard

WistfullyYours

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! Welcome! I just recently came across the term intuitive writer and I feel it fits me as well. Although I’ve found that at least having a bare bones outline with a few major scenes helps keep me on track and not end up writing 10k of words that go off the rails, haha.
Yeah, I tried to convince myself for YEARS that my problem with writing novels was that I needed to be more of a planner and less of a pantser. Turns out, I just find outlines too constricting. Right now I'm writing just 200 words a day so I don't get carried away and lose the thread and sort of making the outline (really just keeping notes) as I go along for consistency.

GingerSnap06

Registered
Reaction score
We've got lots of people writing romance, at all heat levels and all pairings. (Some of us gather at the Erotica board.) So there's plenty of people to talk with about what you write, what you read, your process, and everything else.

Welcome to you!

Maryn, glad you found us
I definitely plan to pop in over there too. Iv got lots of *cough* spicey scenes 😜

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You'll probably want to ask for the password sooner rather than later, then. The non-password part of the Erotica board tells you how. The site owner can get pretty busy at times, so sometimes there's a wait.

But yeah, we talk spice. Like what vocabulary you use, how to describe exactly who's doing what, using all five senses, etc.

GingerSnap06

Registered
Reaction score
Ya Iv noticed that it’s my organized chaos. Some people write in order and with plots. But I have an easier time fitting my novel together like a puzzle. Sorta like fill in the blank and maybe it’s my adhd brain but it feels like I’m getting somewhere. I wrote all my scenes on notecards and tried to position them out in a tentative order and I was able to like graph a plot that way. Also using the romancing the beat book helps too. But yeah for the first time in my life Iv been able to actually continuously write for months now and I would always get irritated and quit before.

tmconley

Registered
Reaction score
Ya Iv noticed that it’s my organized chaos. Some people write in order and with plots. But I have an easier time fitting my novel together like a puzzle. Sorta like fill in the blank and maybe it’s my adhd brain but it feels like I’m getting somewhere. I wrote all my scenes on notecards and tried to position them out in a tentative order and I was able to like graph a plot that way. Also using the romancing the beat book helps too. But yeah for the first time in my life Iv been able to actually continuously write for months now and I would always get irritated and quit before.
I'm pretty similar. When I have an idea for a novel, it's usually one scene that pops into my brain and then I can usually come up with at least 2-3 more "big" scenes that would happen throughout and I have to fill in the blanks in between. While filling in the blanks, I usually generate new ideas and figure out ways to connect everything together. It's not perfect, but it's the only thing that works for me and keeps me motivated.