• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

New Brand Agency Group (Mark Ryan)

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

beata_mishi

Does anyone know much about New Brand Agency (www.literaryagent.net)? They do list themselves as having sold some books that I've seen in bookstores (such as The Body of Christopher Creed), but I haven't seen any other agencies that accept e-mail queries and promise 48-hour response times.

J. Y. Moore

Registered
Reaction score
The agency name is New Brand Agency Group, LLC. The agent is Mark Ryan, member AAR. There are no negative recommendations under P&E. According to both AAR and WritersMarket (update 1/18/2005), he is not seeking new clients and currently has only 3 clients he does represent. On the other hand, he advertises he will reply quickly to queries - maybe because it's always a reject?

Good luck.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Please read his website carefully. I think it says he will responsd within 48 hours if interested. That can mean that he won't reply at all if he isn't interested. In my experience, this is getting to be a problem with e-mail submissions. The percentge of "no responses" is way high, more than 50%. I know it costs, but if you want a response, the odds are much higher with a paper submission and a SASE.

zarch

GOML.
Registered
Reaction score
I submitted to him (email) in May. No reply. He doesn't know what he's missing.

I agree with the point about email queries not generating responses. I have found that I usually get a response to an email query only if A) they want to read my stuff or B) it's a rejection that doesn't look like a form letter (says some good things about my query but declines).

Having said that, all of my requests for more material have been after email queries rather than snail mail queries.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
VPX
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
Last edited:

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
M'kay, between March and May of '08, literaryagent.net became "your place to share videos, audio, photos, and stories", aka a display site that traces back to an Eric Alterman (bio blurb toward bottom of page), who "was also the founder of JED Broadcasting, a Northwest radio broadcasting company, and New Brand Agency Group, a publishing company based in New York City." So there you have it.

Happy Thanksgiving

Autumn image for Thanksgiving