NEPAT Overflow

Julianne

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't posted here in quite a while, and I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this but this will probably turn out to be quite amusing.

(Mods, feel free to delete if I've mentioned someone who you don't want mentioned here.)

Julianne

Registered
Reaction score
I have no idea what the background of this situation is, but it looks like a Hindenberg in the making.

Google the blog author's name. He's an interesting psychological study.

Edited to add: His Encyclopedia Dramatica page is NSFW; neither are most of his Youtube postings (mostly for swearing, hate speech, and other nastiness).

Last edited:

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
Oh, gosh. The insane troll is posting on FB about things. It thinks it has a real book deal with a real publisher.

Not getting the popcorn yet, but I'll bookmark its blog and go back about when the the author copy arrives. The troll is touchy about its deathless prose.

I am looking forward to the kerfuffle between the troll, Larry and Vic. Fandomwank may have to re-open a page.

Y'know, in this *one* case I'm temped toward an atom-sized piece of sympathy for PA.

PSYCH!

No, I'm NOT! :roll:

For those coming in late, we're NOT going to post the troll's name here. There's bat-shit insane, crazy-hat-wearing, sociopathic psychos and then there's THIS person, who makes THEM look normal.

Moderators should delete this post if they think it's too risky. I'm okay with that!

Last edited:

Julianne

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking forward to the kerfuffle between the troll, Larry and Vic. Fandomwank may have to re-open a page.

I believe said troll has been banned from Fandomwank, both it posting and any mention of it. However, it has been banned from so many many places that I don't remember for sure if this was one of them.

janrafrank

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
The "troll" has been posting all over the net about me, including an article at Associated Content (which is now owned by Yahoo) with his paranoid imagination working over time. I got that one taken down. The rest I'm ignoring.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Since this isn't related to the lawsuit under discussion, I'm moving it elsewhere.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
This could be PA's next offer:

To: [email address redacted]
Sent: 6/15/2012

Subj: A lawyer wants to read your book!

Dear author:

PublishAmerica is once again leading the way in publishing by becoming the first traditional publisher sued on behalf of all its authors as a class!

Sign up, and we will market your book to opposing counsel when they request our material as part of discovery. You can be assured that paralegals, junior partners, and even full partners at prestigious law firms will read every single word of your book looking for evidence of poor editing, low production standards, and non-existent marketing! Some books may even become exhibits at our trial and become part of the permanent public record.

We will send not one, but up to five copies of your book to Tydings & Rosenberg, so that they can also pass the book to their co-counsel if they want. They may do anything they choose with the books. We will alert you immediately if Tydings & Rosenberg, Hagens Berman, or other law firms show an interest in deposing you or even calling you as a witness. In that case we will do everything we can to ensure you have an experience you will never forget.

Here’s how we do it:

If you want to have books on hand to hawk in the lobby during court recesses order now and we will donate up to five copies to Tydings & Rosenberg, LLC. And you receive a 50 pct discount!

Go to www.publishamerica.net, find your book, click on it, then add it to cart, indicate quantity, and use this coupon: ClassAction50. Then click Recalculate and finish the transaction. Minimum volume is 10 copies.

By using the coupon you are authorizing us to supply the books to Tydings & Rosenberg. You may also request that we ship five FREE books to you instead.

Full-color and hardcovers excluded. Offer expires this weekend on Sunday night.

Thank you,
PublishAmerica Author Support Team

Last edited:

Jill Karg

So many WIPs which one to work on
Registered
Reaction score
ok i have a unique thing that happened around noon yesterday. My official email got hacked and an advertisement was sent to a couple users on it.

When my email provider sent me the notice it stated [SIZE=-1]‎no**********************‎. Here is the unique thing one of the people this email was sent to by hacker was [email protected]. So lucky I caught it in time and reported it to email provider but kinda makes me wonder if they are hacking into the Non-compliant authors emails.

Just seemed fishy that they only sent it the publish America authors that happened to be on my contact list and others that happened to be so old that they bounced back saying can't find them

Just wanted to run it by everyone.

[/SIZE]

AlexPiper

Wayward Wordsmith
Registered
Reaction score
Seattle, WA -- land of rain, home of the spice caf
Website
www.fabulaurbanus.com
Jill: It's more likely that when your email was compromised, it slurped addresses from your mail account to send advertising to. Many people use spam-blockers now that won't accept mail from people who aren't in your address book... but having someone in your address book (or having multiple emails from them) indicates that you probably correspond with them and thus, sending an email as you will probably get past their spam guards. I suspect PA's automated mails come from [email protected], and thus they got included in the Giant Blob of Addresses the spam software generated.