NaNoWriMo Username List 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, all, it's October, and you know what that means! It's time to populate your NaNoWriMo buddy list.

If you want to be added to this list, please post your username and hyperlink it to your NaNo page. I will add it to this post. I will use what you give me, whether linked or not, but generally people have an easier time adding you if there's a link.

Also, the AW group on the NaNo site is...apparently not working :flag:

Sage: Sage Collins
Maggie Maxwell: Maggie Maxwell.
PraiseRao: Aurora Mediant.
KStar: Elizabeth Starling
Stytch:Stytch.
CMBright: CMBright
Helix: Friarbird
M.S. Wiggins: M.S. Wiggins
lizmonster: lizmonster
PastyAlien: PastyAlien
Lundgren: https://nanowrimo.org/participants/lupus-maximus
Morgan Morrow: https://nanowrimo.org/participants/morgan-morrow
mrsmig: https://nanowrimo.org/participants/mrsmig
Mjfaraldo: MJ Faraldo
rileyariel: rileyariel
DarkWriter223: Mr Novelist
Gatteau: Gatteau
BenPanced: BenPanced
Hannah_Deava: Hannah_Deava
Kat M: banjo_kat
Tamlyn: https://nanowrimo.org/participants/tamlynd']TamlynD
LJD: Jackie Lau
Nether: NetherNeedsAPenName: https://nanowrimo.org/participants/netherneedsapenname
SciSarahTops: SciSarahTops
Albedo: AlexAlbedo

Last edited:

CMBright

Cats are easy, Mice are tough
Registered
Reaction score
Signed up as, big surprise, CMBright.

PraiseRao

Backup your files
Registered
Reaction score
Aurora Mediant. Though I can't join the group right now because it is just stuck on a forever loading screen. This happens on both FireFox and Chrome so I'll just try again later.

CMBright

Registered
Reaction score
I realized the AW frens was a link and clicked on it. It stalled out at Loading... and the group only gives me the option to create a new writing group.

Stytch

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, all, it's October, and you know what that means! It's time to populate your NaNoWriMo buddy list.

If you want to be added to this list, please post your username and hyperlink it to your NaNo page. I will add it to this post. I will use what you give me, whether linked or not, but generally people have an easier time adding you if there's a link.

Also, the AW group on the NaNo site is: AW Frens

Sage: Sage Collins
I also can't get that group link to work. It goes to NaNo, but doesn't ever load the rest of the way. :(

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
It's weird. I'm in the group, it shows up fine from the Writing Groups link on NaNo, but yeah, that link, which as far as I can tell is identical, just doesn't work when redirected from AW.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I also can't get that group link to work. It goes to NaNo, but doesn't ever load the rest of the way. :(
Make sure you have a NaNo account and that you are logged into it before trying the link.

Reactions: Stytch

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Huh. I had to copy and paste the URL in to make it work this morning, but I assumed that was a problem on my end, not the 2020 link to the group.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I revised the link to the group to have the address. The first time I clicked, it worked, the 2nd & 3rd times, it didn’t. Copying the address & pasting it into the browser seems to work best for me.

PastyAlien

Space butthole
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
helfrich.ca
Hiiiiii! *waves madly* I'm PastyAlien. I've sent buddy invitations to everyone I wasn't already buddies with. Except you, @PraiseRao. I couldn't find your profile.

I also couldn't get the aw-frens link to work, even with copy/paste. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

PraiseRao

Backup your files
Registered
Reaction score
That's weird. Have you tried searching 'Aurora Mediant'? I dunno. Try a different browser maybe? I am signed in on a chrome profile and can see it on FireFox.

Edit: maybe it's my settings I'll take a look.

Edit: Yea I think I had my settings to private. It should show up now.

CMBright

Registered
Reaction score
That's weird. Have you tried searching 'Aurora Mediant'? I dunno. Try a different browser maybe? I am signed in on a chrome profile and can see it on FireFox.

Hey, I see you now. Can you see me? How do I know if I am set to private or so others can see me?

PastyAlien

Space butthole
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
helfrich.ca

Link worked for me. Buddy invite sent!

PraiseRao

Backup your files
Registered
Reaction score
Cool I'll go check it out!

Edit: CM Bright I can see you. I think you don't have to worry the default settings are not private. If you want to change the settings click on your username at the top right hand corner of the screen and go to settings in the drop down menu.

Last edited:

CMBright

Registered
Reaction score
As it is my first time doing the nanowrimo I must admit I don't really have a clue what the purpose of having buddies there is. I'm still trying to figure out the site 😅

Anyhow, my profile over there is https://nanowrimo.org/participants/lupus-maximus
According to the NaNoWriMo site, the point is to be more likely to succeed. I'm clicking on everyone with a buddy invitation, feel free to accept or decline.

Except for the ones who invited me first, that is, I accepted those.

Reactions: Lundgren

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
As it is my first time doing the nanowrimo I must admit I don't really have a clue what the purpose of having buddies there is. I'm still trying to figure out the site 😅

Anyhow, my profile over there is https://nanowrimo.org/participants/lupus-maximus
It's the community/social aspect, that if you have friends doing it with you, you're more likely to be motivated to push along through the hard parts. It's not as useful to me as the old site. You used to be able to see how everyone in your friends list was doing at a glimpse and you could sort it by, like, wordcount. Now you have to go to everyone's individual pages to check on your friends' progress, so I don't feel like it's as much a push when you can't easily see it.

Reactions: Lundgren
Status
Not open for further replies.