My Experience with Barnes and Nobles Hardbacks- Very Positive!

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

AustinCBrown

Registered
Reaction score
Website
walkingwiththemailman.com
Greetings all,

Over the years, I've used KDP to publish paperbacks. Here recently, I decided to rework the covers of my books and print them in hardback form. The irony to this story is that KDP (as you well know by now) has opened the door for hardback publishing. Well, I began the process with B&N right before that option became available.

I've reworked four books now, and I am here to report that the quality is quite impressive. I have done both gloss and matte. But only dust jacket. White interior paper.

The only concern one might voice, so far as my standards are concerned, is that the weight of the paper is a tad light. It's not a deal breaker, but it is worth noting. Cream paper might be better?

Costs aren't terrible. Something hovering around 250 pages (5.5 X8.5) runs me a little over ten dollars per book (tax and shipping apply).

The process is fairly easy as well.

I would add a quick caution about the cover template. When you download the template, note that the template extends slightly beyond the dotted red lines marking the cut edges. Don't extend your image merely to the dotted red lines. Extend them to the absolute outer edge of the template image.

Well, anyway, I thought I would add my two cents. Cheers!

Krampus Nacht

Krampus