• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Moving On

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Hi, everyone--

For some time, I've desperately been needing to make adjustments to my schedule to give me more room around writing. So after a lot of thought, and with much reluctance, I've decided to step down as a moderator here at AW.

This hasn't been an easy decision--I really feel that the B&BC forum is my baby. I've been modding it for more than three years now. But I know that things are in excellent hands with CauPaux and Uncle Jim.

You aren't rid of me completely--I'm still an AW member, and I'll be lurking around B&BC, ready to drop the odd evidence or logic bomb on the latest sockpuppet. I'll just be a bit scarcer. Also, my Writer Beware activities will be continuing unchanged (including blogging), so if anyone has a question, or wants to alert me to something questionable, please email me anytime: [email protected].

I've really enjoyed being a mod, and I know I'm going to miss that active involvement. At the same time, I can already feel myself starting to breathe a sigh of relief. So I know the timing's right.

Thanks!

- Victoria

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Victoria, you are a goddess :Hail: and we will miss your amazing presence. But your own life comes first! Thank you for everything. This just means I'll be checking my Writer Beware RSS feed more often. :D

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad to see you'll still be a member. Best wishes to you, and thank you for the years you've spent moderating these boards. :)

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
I've never had to write a "Help Wanted: newly open position for Publishing Paladin-Sage" before.

Thanks so very, very much for all you do, both here and elsewhere, Victoria. You really are an inspiration.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
I hope you know how much you are loved and appreciated. Your contributions have been and are invaluable. Wishes for your success. Its good to know you'll still be around, it wouldn't be the same place without you.

Kim

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
You've done a tremendous amount of good here. You deserve a break. Thank you for everything you have done and will continue to do. It's invaluable.

Kevin

swvaughn

adrift
Registered
Reaction score
In the immortal words of Douglas Adams: So long, and thanks for all the fish. :D

Congratulations on getting yourself some breathing room - glad to know you'll still be around!

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
"Thanks" and "You will be sorely missed." really aren't enough.

But, hey we're starving artists, so that's pretty much what we can do for now, you know?

:)

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Victoria, thanks so much for all the work you've put in here, and all the wonderful advice you've given. Enjoy the breathing room, and good luck!

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on losing the shock collar, Victoria. :D

And thanks for all you've done for so many people here.

c2ckim

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thereadersretreat.com
Wishing you all the luck in the world. You've helped alot of us new authors and I thank you for that. May the muse keep you always!
I'm just stepping into the world of being a published author and without this foreum I would be lost. Thanks so much to everyone here.

EgyptianGoddess

Working On Life
Registered
Reaction score
You are a wise and very fair human being. I love this forum, it's helped me more than I can say in the last 6 months since I joined.

Your help and insight has been greatly appreciated, and not just by me. I'm glad you'll still be around, and I wish you nothing but good things.

Thank you again!

darkprincealain

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you so much for everything you do at Writer Beware and at AW. I hope this change allows plenty of time for you to hit your goals, whatever they may be!

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Victoria, you've been a wonderful mod here all these years: I've watched you take all sorts of rudeness with a grace and style I know I could never equal; I've gazed in wonder as you've fielded rampant vanity publishers and never even messed your hair up.

You've helped me more than you could ever know, and I'm very grateful for that.

You'll be much missed, but you leave this place in safe and competent hands. I'll look forward to seeing you around.

Now stop reading this and go and write something!