Status
Not open for further replies.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
JennaGlatzer said:
I keep meaning to come here and tell you the exact amount we got from our first royalties: $3804.66. That includes sales until February, I believe.
Actually, Jenna, the royalty period ended Dec.31/05 didn't it? So all the sales from January 1/06 on are not included in that cheque.

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
Wow, that's awesome!

And, I know it sounds bad... but I still haven't gotten myself a copy yet. My funds are always on the edge of disaster, and I keep putting it off. My credit cards groan everytime I use them, and I'm trying hard not to use it at all.

Soon though. I promise. I really want it, to add to "my" bookshelf.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just thought those of you who still drop by periodically would like to know that we have now sold....

1,004 books

Over a thousand books. Sure, we all had dreams of selling bazillions of copies, but this is still one mighty fine milestone, no matter how long it took. My heartfelt thanks to every single one of you who gave of your time and talent to get us here.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
:Hug2: Thanks for keeping track, Charlie! I'll go announce that on the website. And maybe this is a good excuse to put up another press release on PRWeb.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Jean, I specifically told you that Habitat was not on the list, which is why you wrote me this on Feb. 25:

(Edited out. Letter acknowledged that Habitat was not one of the charities.)
----

Habitat was an option when we were trying to direct the money to one place, but they had just as much red tape as the Red Cross, so I dropped it and announced four charities that the money would go to:

Operation USA
Red Cross
Salvation Army
Americares

I didn't end up sending to Americares because they no longer have a disaster relief fund for Katrina.

Last edited:

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
That's not what happened. Go back in this thread ONE PAGE and read again.

If it embarrasses you that I quoted from your e-mail, I'll take it out. But we talked about this numerous times.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This is what happened:

03-22-2006, 04:13 PM -- Jean Marie, post #266 of this thread:
chunky, just asked mac, do you know who the 4 charities are? rc, americares, salvation army, and________ who?
03-22-2006, 04:32 PM -- XThe NavigatorX, post #267
I believe Red Cross and Habitat for Humanity.
04-02-2006, 01:19 AM -- Jenna, post #275
Hey! Awesome job! The fourth charity is Operation USA, though, not Habitat.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Yes, I'm aware that I answered you after the event. I didn't see your question in time. That's not what I was trying to point out. I was pointing out that your version of events is mighty different from what is here.

"they both assured me, w/ total confidence, that Habitat was indeed one of the receiving charities."

Accepting that you meant Nav instead of Richard, what he said was "I believe Red Cross and Habitat for Humanity." That is not assuring you with total confidence, nor is it "They told me, again w/ complete confidence, to go w/ Americare, RC, Salvation Army and Habitat."

You already knew, from multiple conversations with me, that Habitat was not on the list. I understand that you wanted it to be on the list. But it never was, and I never misled you into believing that it was, and this is not a tragedy.

Can we move on now?

Status
Not open for further replies.