• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Michael Berenti Literary Management / Berenti Bookworks

agentelle

Registered
Reaction score
I'm currently querying agents and noticed this agency listed in the Writers' and Artists Yearbook. The Michael Berenti agency is said to accept commerical fiction so I'm interested in querying, but at the same time am not too sure.

The website doesn't list authors, and I'm sure the agent is an author himself judging by a quick Google search.

I'm just wondering if anyone has more information on this agency and whether or not I should query?

Last edited:

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
Not listed on Preditors & Editors, not listed on AgentQuery. I couldn't find anything else either. I would hold off for the time being, unless someone else can pull something up. It would be more reassuring if he listed not only clients, but what books he published (he says he is/was an author) and what publishing house he ran and where he was an editor.

agentelle

Registered
Reaction score
ROFL. Oh dear. I had my suspicions after Googling and noticing he ws a self-published author; even more so when there were no clients listed on his site.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Surprisingly, his site's still up. Unsurprisingly, no sign of sales. I find myself thankful there's no sign of clients.

Brindle MacWuff

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to send him a couple of commas in the post. For free. By jingo, he needs them.

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
From that Palimpsest thread:

'Do you want another one?' asked the barmaid. When she reached for the empty glass, her bulging breasts revealed themselves up to the rims of her nipples. The low-cut tank top was already having a hard time to confine them in place even without such moves.
..Wow. Just wow. Definitely one to avoid.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
JFTR, as of late '18 home page says:

Michael Berenti Literary Management has stopped accepting submissions since 2015, released all authors and ceased its business activities