Meyer's fanfic writer thinks copyright laws don't apply to HER.

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathleen42

crushing on fictional characters
Registered
Reaction score
I mentioned the strange story to my boss an hour ago. What just showed up in my InBox you ask, a Mr Potato Head with fangs and a bowler hat with the caption "Russet Noon: Attack of the Tater".

He is a good boss.

Hildegarde

A newb in the fog
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nightmarefactory.com
LOLOL!!! Potatoes came to my mind as well.

I suppose at least it's not Russet Nooner. <G> Potatoes having sex during the day. <G>.

ROTFL

On the other hand, this person is an idiot. You don't mess with the big guns. If you want to write fanfic, you do so QUIETLY. You don't publish it. <sigh>

This could get very interesting. <G>

Susan G.

Yeah, but those characters in the "public psyche" now. In fact, I don't think Myers should get paid for the next couple of movies--those are just long TRIBUTE videos.

::headdesk:: ::headdesk:: ::headdesk::

Reaction score
I'm still reading through all the fanwank stuff.

This is shaping up to be an epic wankflounce, if only we could get smeyer on board.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Also just sent the links to someone with contacts at Summit Entertainment. I cannot wait to see this explode.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
This is a self-published book.

This press release is especially fun, because Lady Sybilla is her publisher. The website for AV Paranormal is registered to an organization called "Lady Sybilla." If that doesn't clinch it for you, there's plenty of supporting facts presented in the comments.

If you want REAL fun, here you can read the preface. awwwww...my editorial fangs are itching....itching, I tell you.

Reaction score
This douchenozzle actually compares Twilight and Russet Dawn to Wuthering Heights?!

WUTHERING HEIGHTS, I tells thee!

One of the best novels ever written and two of the...well, worst. PUH-LEEZE.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I read that preface. Any writer who uses the phrase "my own self" (who isn't Shakespeare writing "to thine own self") deserves to be flogged. A plagiarist and idea thief deserves to be flogged twice (or maybe thrice, I'm not sure of the details on that one).

Reaction score
Someone tell smeyer. Please. I'm sick today. Make me better. Someone tell Stephenie. Poke her with your flounce-stick, oh God of Fanwank. Make scarletpeaches a happy woman.

Claudia Gray

Registered
Reaction score
She's clearly off her rocker. Even fanfic writers who believe the practice is legal (including me) think that once you start charging for fanfic, you've swerved utterly out of bounds. But honestly, she sounds like she's got a bit of a screw loose in general.

Reaction score
No, but you can bet your bippy I'm bookmarking EVERY damn site which mentions this.

It's glorious.

Reaction score
Why thank you. :)

According to Mac's wishes I'm making an effort not to pepper my posts with profanity these days, but I like to think I can still be funny in my 'normal' voice too.

Carry on with the fanwank.

(That doesn't count as a swear BTW).

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
"Russet Nooner"

Come up to the hotel room, my dear. I just bought condoms!

potato-head-360.jpg

dawinsor

Dorothy A. Winsor
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
OMG. I looked at the YouTube video and burst out laughing at the closing screen. "The Unauthorized Sequel." This woman is a loon.

Mr. Anonymous

Just a guy with a pen & a delusion
Registered
Reaction score
Wait what? Characters are only copyrightable if you DRAW them? Lmao. Should I be drawing stick figures of all my characters from now on???

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
ROTFL

Yeah, but those characters in the "public psyche" now. In fact, I don't think Myers should get paid for the next couple of movies--those are just long TRIBUTE videos.

::headdesk:: ::headdesk:: ::headdesk::
Oh I am glad you mentioned that because I forgot to comment on it earlier. Luke Skywalker is in the public psyche. Cinderella. Snow White and the 7 Dwarves. Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy. Mickey Mouse. Bug Bunny. (funny how most of my examples aren't human.) I couldn't begin to tell you any character in those stories. All I know is the kid who played Cederic in a Harry Potter movie is in it and that the vampires sparkle in the sun light. Seriously. It. Is. Not. Part. Of. The. Public. Psyche.

Not that it would help her defense if it was. I'm just sayin'...

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
This is just unbelievable. I love that the first comment on the video points out that she's going to be sued. Seems the general public understands these things...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black and white winter scene with evergreens in the snow, and a house