• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Meadowhawk Press

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

The Grump

Hates Marketing. Loves Writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mktheodoratus.com
Hi, anyone.

It's now 2009. The site is still up. Does anyone have some updated experiences they'd care to share?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Still in business, but the second year is usually the make-or-break one.

Paging Madderblue.... :)

xXFireSpiritXx

Killing my darlings...
Registered
Reaction score
What worries me is we are two years later and their book store contains six or seven books. O_O Not very comforting.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
How so?
If they are publishing a few books a year and doing it right, giving each book a proper marketing campaign then that sounds like the sensible approach.
Rather more comforting than firing out 30 books a year improperly edited and with little marketing

KAP

Hangin' with the gargies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keithpyeatt.com
I queried them about a month ago. Today I noticed their website is gone, domain expired. I sent an email to Meadowhawk, but I doubt it'll go through. Their email address is tied to the expired domain.

kap

KAP

Hangin' with the gargies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keithpyeatt.com
A Meadowhawk author responded on the site CaoPaux suggested. The website is down due to an ongoing domain snafu. Glad to learn that.

kap

madderblue

Beagle Lips.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thersamatsuura.com
A Meadowhawk author responded on the site CaoPaux suggested. The website is down due to an ongoing domain snafu. Glad to learn that.

kap

Wew. Glad to hear that. I just talked to Jackie (via e-mail) like one day ago. Meadowhawk is a real nice place.

Tburger

Wahoowa
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tcmccarthy.com
Emailed them yesterday to enquire about whether or not they accept simultaneous submissions. No response yet, anyone know the answer?

RTH

Call me Ishmael
Registered
Reaction score
Dunno, but their website is back up. I had a story in their anthology and thought they were a pleasure to work with -- glad to see that the snafu seems to have passed.

KAP

Hangin' with the gargies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keithpyeatt.com
I ended up querying status, and they responded right away. They had set my chapters aside for deeper consideration, had some issues, expressed them, and will look at a rewrite of the chapters. So regardless of the ultimate outcome, this experience went from unfulfilling to satisfying. Seem like nice folks.

profen4

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
I ended up querying status, and they responded right away. They had set my chapters aside for deeper consideration, had some issues, expressed them, and will look at a rewrite of the chapters. So regardless of the ultimate outcome, this experience went from unfulfilling to satisfying. Seem like nice folks.

It’s good to hear that you at least heard back from them. It’s no small feat to receive an invitation to re-submit, congratulations. Do you mind if I ask, did they comment on your initial submission of 3 chapters? Or had they requested the full manuscript already and responded to that? If it was the latter, how long did you wait before it was requested? Either way, if someone’s willing to take a look at it twice you at least know it’s quality work. Please keep us updated.
Best of luck!

KAP

Hangin' with the gargies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keithpyeatt.com
Thanks, swhibs123. It was on 3 chapters.
I appreciate the good wishes. Best to you too.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Just as an FYI, yesterday saw a review of a Meadowhawk book that was re-released by another press, apparently because Meadowhawk closed its doors at some point. (Info from this press release about the book.)