• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

May December Publications

KodyBoye

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kodyboye.com
I had been previously tipped off of suspicious activity (as said person who tipped me off was concerned with a professional relationship,) but I guess I can 'let it out of the bag,' more or less, now that it's been officially confirmed by the man himself.

CTB.png

By the way--for those wondering, Sex Abuse 1 is sexual contact with a person under 14 years of age.

I've had little contact with Mr. Brown over the few months I've known him (most of which has been through Twitter, but some of which has included comments to my page on Facebook.) I myself will not comment on this, but thought I would let others be aware of it.

Last edited:

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I know nothing about this situation at all but the resonance with a press name of "May December" (a name for romance between people of greatly different ages) is rather unsettling.

KodyBoye

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kodyboye.com
You got a link to that? And permission to post it in its entirety?

Link is here. His offenses are public knowledge.

As to what suspicious activity I'm reporting, it's... well, what I screencapped/posted here. Take it as you may, but I'm a bit disheartened to find this information out. I thought I should let other people know simply because of the crimes (whether true or not) he's been incarcerated for.

profen4

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
This is the place to do research on pubs. I think knowing the kind of person at the helm is very pertinent.

Last edited by a moderator:

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
I think Mr. Brown's criminal history is completely irrelevant.

May December has a poor contract--inappropriate terminology, no reversion clause, royalties paid on "profit" with that term not defined--which is a much more appropriate reason to be suspicious of it.

- Victoria

defyalllogic

i'm a girl. (i have tendonitis)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
May December has put out a few anthologies now, does anyone have any experience with them? Is their contract still the same as Victoria described it?

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Appears to be a self-publisher-trying-to-turn-commercial: a woman set it up to publish her husband's work. No evidence that she has anything but goodwill and good intentions to back up her business plan. My advice: wait a couple of years.

julirew

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.julianarew.com
I've worked with Denise Brown on one publication and found they were responsive and did what they said they would do regarding editing and promotion. I would call the payment they offer "token."