• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

MacKenzie Wolf (formerly Gillian MacKenzie Agency)

ksbaby

Perhaps, today is the day.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of Gillian MacKenzie or her executive assistant Allyson Paty? They've requested material from me but didn't specify in what format or partial or full. Don't want to step on any toes by sending the wrong stuff...

Sandsurfgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Every time I've gotten a partial request they gave me specific guidelines. So if she didn't give you any, I would politely ask.

Trying to do some research and not finding much. I see her list of clients but I can't tell if those books have been sold or if they are pending. Maybe I need to click on the title?

Sandsurfgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Never mind. Click on the title and it shows the publisher.

ksbaby

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
She replied right away telling me send it whatever format that I was comfortable. Sent it via doc (that seems to be the common). Since then, I got a R&R kind of thing going with another agent, so I emailed back and asked if I could send the revised version. She replied right away again, and said she hasn't read the old one yet and to go ahead. I've never had such an easy communication with any agent, ever. I'm in awe. I'll update later when I get some news.

Jamiekswriter

USA Today Bestselling Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jkschmidt.com
Query Tracker says she only does non-fiction, but I thought I heard she's looking for YA. Anyone else hear that?

brmyers

Registered
Reaction score
She does selective YA. Congratulaions on the request 'ksbaby', sounds like you've got more than just her interest. Good Luck.

ksbaby

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
She does selective YA. Congratulaions on the request 'ksbaby', sounds like you've got more than just her interest. Good Luck.

Thanks. My fingers are crossed :)

ryannj5

Registered
Reaction score
I got a full request from Gillian yesterday. It is for YA. She reps a YA author I really like, Susane Colasanti - so I thought I'd give her a try. Yay for fulls!

JayliaDarkness

Stepping through the Shadows
Registered
Reaction score
I sent my query for a young adult steampunk to Gillian MacKenzie on January 7th. She answered on January 9th requesting the full. I had collaborated on the story with a professional illustrator – I wrote, he drew. She asked to see sample illustrations, which I emailed, and then she emailed the illustrator to discuss his ideas concerning the story. She said she would get back to me right away.

In February, I met with an editor who was interested in the story. I told Gillian – no answer. In March, another agent offered representation. I told Gillian – again, no answer. I decided to go with the other agent, since I never heard back from Gillian.

onthefence

Nonfiction author
Registered
Reaction score
Is Gillian's agency website down? I get no response. Can't find a phone number for the firm either, to see if they even know about it.

UPDATE -- I emailed her and she wrote right back, surprised and alarmed to hear her site was down (she checked and confirmed: it's down). But then she asked for my proposal, and she's already downloaded it... I like how fast she works!

Last edited:

Wizera

MG/YA Author and Playwright
Registered
Reaction score
Visited their website this morning and read the following:

"As of April 1st, Gillian MacKenzie Agency and Wolf Literary are now functioning as separate—though closely affiliated—agencies. Their
websites are still under construction, so please refer to this site for information on clients, rights, and speaking bookings."

I have no idea what year this message was posted, of course. I only saw it today.

I wanted to query Elizabeth Rudnick, so I took a chance and emailed their submissions address. Got an automated response that said they wouldn't rely unless interested. So, I have no idea if that's going to get filtered out to her or not, but I hope so?

JacquelynDohoney

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacquelyndohoney.com
Visited their website this morning and read the following:

"As of April 1st, Gillian MacKenzie Agency and Wolf Literary are now functioning as separate—though closely affiliated—agencies. Their
websites are still under construction, so please refer to this site for information on clients, rights, and speaking bookings."

I have no idea what year this message was posted, of course. I only saw it today.

I wanted to query Elizabeth Rudnick, so I took a chance and emailed their submissions address. Got an automated response that said they wouldn't rely unless interested. So, I have no idea if that's going to get filtered out to her or not, but I hope so?
I saw this same message around last summer