Looking for old meme

Stytch

Registered
Reaction score
I remember this email (back when we emailed jokes around) that was about a page-long, sort of a script-looking thing, that was spoofing Regency romances. It started out something like, "Hi, I'm the Duke. I have seven brothers. We're all distinguished alpha males but we get along quite well with each other." There was a heroine in the conversation and a villian. I think the other brothers also showed up. If I ever saved it, the computer is long dead. Does this ring any bells? I think about this stupid joke often and I'd love to read it again. Thought someone around here might have a copy or point me to one. Thanks!

Reactions: lorna_w

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
I don't remember it, Stytch, but I'll keep my ear to the ground. (The idea of every brother in the group being alpha and them all getting along great is enough to make this hilarious all by itself. šŸ˜‚ )

Reactions: Stytch

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
I googled for you (and would love to read it) with various combinations but alas could find nothing. And before I was 1/4 done with your post, the word "Bridgerton" had popped into my head. :)

Reactions: Stytch

Stytch

Registered
Reaction score
I googled for you (and would love to read it) with various combinations but alas could find nothing. And before I was 1/4 done with your post, the word "Bridgerton" had popped into my head. :)
Yeah, it never mentioned them, the names were all made up and over the top, like Lord Hardpecks and his nemesis Lord Weaselbottom. But clearly in the same vein.