• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Literary Services, Inc. (John Willig)

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
As always, the test is whether he sells books like yours to publishers you couldn't approach on your own.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, inflation. The Super Coaching package is up to $4,500 now.

NewKidOldKid

diplomat
Registered
Reaction score
Any info on this agency/agent? He was one of the recommended agents in the last Writer's Digest magazine issue. And the deals on the website sound good. I'm concerned about the coaching bit, though.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Whew! I used to work with a John Willig, who was married (as was I) but kept asking me out anyway. At least it's not him.

Maryn, just throwing that in there

John Willig

Registered
Reaction score
I'm new to Absolute Write as I begin my writing career (after 40 years of working in publishing - with 25 years as an agent). To clarify what has been posted here about the
'consulting fee' of my agency, it is for writers who intend to self-publish and it is for a complete review/critique of their manuscript and 3 one-hour+ sessions about their content,
strategies for publishing (everything from title/subtitle to promotion plans) and suggestions for improvement. On our company website it is noted as Content Coaching & Strategy.
This is not intended as a fee for writers who become clients who we are representing to publishers. Over the years I have attended and participated at many writers conferences and have seen firsthand how many writers have spent tens of thousands of dollars self-publishing their work without professional guidance on the critical 'front-end'
of the process - developing content, sales features, even the structure of their table of contents - so I decided to help (since I've worked as an executive editor) with our coaching services. It's unfortunate to see someone thinking they are 'exposing corruption' when the intent of the service is to help writers avoid costly and time-consuming mistakes. I'll be happy to discuss further/clarify with any writer.