• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Lindsay Literary Agency (Becky Bagnell)

pbandj

Registered
Reaction score
Second Query Tracker! It's been extremely helpful as I've started compiling my agent list.

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
QueryTracker is a great tool, but an agent being listed on it doesn't mean that they are necessarily legitimate or, more importantly, a good idea to submit to.

arkady

Registered
Reaction score
QueryTracker is a great tool, but an agent being listed on it doesn't mean that they are necessarily legitimate or, more importantly, a good idea to submit to.

Exactly so. The OP asked if anyone has had any experience with this agency, and it makes me a bit wary that no one has yet answered that question.

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
Querytracker isn't even a UK-focused tool (it's primary audience and listings are US), so it means very little regarding the legitimacy of UK agents.

However, The Lindsay Agency has solid-looking sales on its website and works with reputable co-agents (The Rights People). Sales include publishing names I recognise, like Nosy Crow, and their Twitter feed clearly shows that their books are stocked in major UK retailers and getting awards attention.

Submission guidelines are decent: no reading fee, yay. It does directly mention an editorial service that they recommend, but that isn't a red flag so much in the UK as in the US (a lot of the big agencies work closely with places like Cornerstones Editorial).

Guidelines don't mention if they're UK-only or accept international subs, so I would assume they take international subs until told otherwise.

Overall, they appear to be a fairly standard successful UK agency.

Last edited: