• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Lily Ruth Publishing

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
Not sure, but the site is copyright 2008 and they only appear to have two authors. That's kinda...weird.

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The article seems to say it is an older sister (22 in 2009) "trying out the publishing world" through her "fledgling" publishing company, started to publish her younger sister's books - her younger sister who "wrote 20 books before she was 13." Oh, and older sister is also an aspiring author.

So, doesn't appear from the article that the "publisher" has any publishing experience, at all.

So, you will have to do more research - are there books in your local bookstores published by this company? Are there any books not written by a family member published by the company?

Those would be critical questions for me...I, personally, wouldn't entrust my book to someone "trying out the publishing world" on their own, and not to aspiring authors who start a company to publish their own books as a way of "trying out the publishing world" .... But that's me. ;)

~suki

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
Hello

Has anyone submitted to this publisher ? I`m considering submitting to them. I looked around but found very little information. One of their books is listed on the Midwestern review book website. Does this count?

What made you start thinking about submitting to them? Did you read one of their books? See it in your local bookstore? How did you hear about them, if there's little information? Why would you submit to a publisher whose books you've never seen or read and about which you know nothing?

And I believe Midwestern Book Review will review anything, even self-published novels, which it seems the Lily Ruth books essentially are; the older sister is publishing her younger sister's work, but it's still basically self-publishing.

JulieB

I grow my own catnip
Registered
Reaction score
Does this mean they're legit?

I certainly don't think they're a scam, if that's what you're asking. I do think that they're small and new and started to publish the books of a single author, and now seem to be branching out. I wouldn't sub for a year or so, just to see how they're doing.