• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Lifestyle Entrepreneurs Press

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Anyone heard of these guys? Know what's up? I get the impression they're a pay to play service but they don't make it clear on their site so I might be wrong (I'm doing some investigating for a friend). But I'm curious if anyone has any first hand (or second hand) knowledge/experience with them?

http://lifestyleentrepreneurspress.com/

Toothpaste

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Blerg, so I take it no one knows anything about them. It's so tough trying to figure out from what's available online, that's for sure, so I'm not surprised.

Ah well, was worth a shot :) .

Toothpaste

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Thanks, yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm right. I am very curious if they actually fulfill their promises and the authors who DO pay to play are satisfied (I have a friend who is interested in working with them). I'm also curious if they have actual distribution etc. But my word trying to find info on them is next to impossible!

C Alberts

Registered
Reaction score
I looked on Ingram and Edelweiss. Most of the paperbacks are available at standard discount with returnability on Ingram (the hardcover I looked at was only a 5% discount, and some of the oldest paperback titles were 25% or something like that).

On Edelweiss I was able to learn that they have distribution through Midpoint Trade.

Some of their books seem to have decent ranks and reviews on Amazon, fwiw.

So they look pretty legit for someone with a book in their niche, although I've never heard of them and we don't have any of their books at our store.

Hope that helps!

Happy Thanksgiving

Autumn image for Thanksgiving