• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Lennie Literary Agency

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

HumbleScribe

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
Just double-checking I'm clearly seeing they still don't have sales in fiction, at least per their site. They list "recent submission categories" but believe that means those are (three) genres of novels they've submitted to publishers, but without publishers buying them.
With this thread's postings years ago mentioning they've been in business awhile accepting/requesting novels from authors, yet not selling any (or one, was it?) and now another three or more years have passed still without a single fiction sale since? They tout membership in the author's guild, but I don't see how said membership bolsters their reputation as agents -- unless said guild does something more than involve authors?
As they say in the X-Files... "I want to believe" -- but I'll wait till they list verifiable multiple sales of fiction (not non-fiction) to publishing houses requiring agented submissions. Roger that?
p.s. The mysterious message preceding mine sounds like someone wasn't digg'n it with them, or found a more effective agent. Probably a difficult time for agencies with agents lacking experience in past sales to try to get on board the same ranking as older agents already established before the industry constriction.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Neither website nor PM page have been updated since '09, nor is there evidence of further sales. They're still responding to queries, though, apparently.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
PM page is gone, no further activity.

Elizabeth George's book Write Away