Last Game you have played...

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

MythMonger

Willing to Learn
Registered
Reaction score
"Darkest Dungeon"

This game reminds me a lot of the Wizardry game I used to play in the 80s and XCOM: Enemy Within.

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Finished up Horizon Zero Dawn (including Frozen Wilds), starting up Iratus: Lord of the Dead

joeyc

Registered
Reaction score
I am currently making my way through Rift Apart. It's really good. If you like Ratchet and Clank and have a PS5, I feel it's one of the best in the series.

Also, Rivet. Rivet is great.

H.L.Dyer

Registered
Reaction score
I’ve been bouncing around through quite a few at the moment. Currently at the pianist ghost boss fight in Luigi’s Mansion 3. Then i decided to do a replay of Dust: An Elysian Tale when I got it on Switch ( though i recommend the pc version better because the text isn’t as small). Now I’m starting a play through of Octopath Traveler starting with Primrose’s story.
My boyfriend has also been showing me the Danganronpa series. We completed the first game three years ago but now that we have our own place we’ve been able to pick up where we left off. Finished DR2 Goodbye Despair (and had a lot of despair from that game because I particularly liked 4 of the characters with one growing on me as the series continued. 3 of those 5 characters were the blackened, one died because of one of the blackened characters I liked and the other was the traitor (of whom I maxed out Just before their class trial started). After showing me a video summary of Danganronpa Zero and reading together Danganronpa IF he’s now playing through DR Ultra Despair Girls with me watching over his shoulders.

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
Playing Subnautica: Below Zero at the moment. I've seen a lot of complaints about how it's not as good as the first game. It's definitely smaller, and it definitely lacks the sense of unknown the first had - but the first would have to not exist for the second to have it. So I'm still very much enjoying it.

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Hubby recommended the 4 "Room" games (trippy escape room games -- NOT anything to do with the infamous movie). Binged "Crossword City Chronicles" earlier in between Iratus runs (now trying my hand at the "Good Always Wins" level). On my queue are the 4 Bard's Tale games, Afterparty, Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and another pass at Greedfall since the new DLC dropped.

redpbass

Registered
Reaction score
Left 4 Dead 2, on the PC. While I still prefer the way the first Left 4 Dead plays, L4D2 is growing on me. (It probably should've happened a long time ago, the game's been out since 2009!)

Before that I played Skyrim (of course), and before that, I tried out Dirt 4, the rally racing game...apparently I'm a terrible driver when I try to use the thumbsticks to steer, but once I figured out how to change the steering to the direction pad, I was golden.

Reactions: Albedo

Taylor Harbin

Power to the pen!
Registered
Reaction score
Still loving Warframe over here…spreading mass destruction with Revenant.

kinokonoronin

Purveyor of Madness
Registered
Reaction score
Been playing around with Last Epoch. I love the specialization trees for skills, but feel just a tad limited by the number of active skill slots. I have a bunch of complaints, but the game feels pretty close to done (it's in early access) and has high quality content by genre standards.

Can't wait to see if they pull off a decent multiplayer.

mschenk2016

Registered
Reaction score
I'm currently replaying Day of the Tentacle/Maniac Mansion, even though I've beaten both games numerous times. MM was a favorite when I was a kid, and every few years I feel like playing it again.

I also went back to Days Gone, after being stuck on the first bear encounter for the past two years. Who would've thought I could just climb on a roof and throw stuff at it...

darkprincealain

Registered
Reaction score
I’m currently in a tabletop RPG group where we’re playing DND 5E and the current campaign is Curse of Strahd. We started it in September of last year. Because Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything also released right around the time we hit level 3, I picked a subclass from it and am playing a Rogue/Soulknife.

Reactions: owlion

owlion

Absorbing inspiration from the moon
Registered
Reaction score
I’m currently in a tabletop RPG group where we’re playing DND 5E and the current campaign is Curse of Strahd. We started it in September of last year. Because Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything also released right around the time we hit level 3, I picked a subclass from it and am playing a Rogue/Soulknife.
Oh, my friends and I have also started Curse of Strahd recently (we hit level 5 last session). I hadn't heard of a Soulknife before, but it sounds great - I like the Rogue class a lot.

darkprincealain

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, my friends and I have also started Curse of Strahd recently (we hit level 5 last session). I hadn't heard of a Soulknife before, but it sounds great - I like the Rogue class a lot.
There are a lot of good subclasses in Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything, and a few other fun suggestions. I really like it as a sourcebook.

Reactions: owlion

JJNotAbrams

Registered
Reaction score
I've recently started replaying Devil May Cry 5 on higher difficulties and I still love it. One thing I love about DMC 5 is that even though the magic system is definitely a soft one in that it's never explained in detail, it does show clear limitations making it feel like all the more immersive.

Kirkhammer

Registered
Reaction score
I finished Yakuza: Like a Dragon recently. Really, really good. A good homage to Dragon Quest, and an excellent transition from the beat-em-ups of the previous series entries.

owlion

Absorbing inspiration from the moon
Registered
Reaction score
I've been playing Spiritfarer recently. It's really good and starts off slowly enough that you get the hang of things, before gradually increasing the amount you need to do. It also has a really nice art style.

J.W.

Registered
Reaction score
Final Fantasy 7 was the last game I finished. I was still racing Chocobos a month after I had killed Sephiroth. I felt like I had wasted so much time on the game it was the beginning of the end of gaming for me. Also, I lost several friends to EverQuest (EverCrack). I mean, the game took over lives. It ruined relationships, interest in school, sports, going out--it was my first exposure to gaming addiction.

Spaceranger82

Registered
Reaction score
Recently, I've played Super Princess Peach for Nintendo DS. It's very interesting to play as the damsel in distress for a change, not to mention it's thus far one of the easier Mario games I've played.

redpbass

Registered
Reaction score
Been playing Fallout: New Vegas lately...and starting to remember why I haven't played it in about eight years. Damage threshold is BS, and once legion assassins are sent after you at low levels, you'd better hope you have some powerful weapons and competent followers with you, otherwise you're looking at an hour long running battle. But, while grim in its own way, at least it's not nearly as bad as Fallout 3, with its murder-suicide families of skeletons (including children!) in random houses.

Skyrim, Left for Dead 2, Fallout New Vegas...I think I need to start playing some newer games now.

krawriter

Registered
Reaction score
Final Fantasy 7 was the last game I finished. I was still racing Chocobos a month after I had killed Sephiroth. I felt like I had wasted so much time on the game it was the beginning of the end of gaming for me. Also, I lost several friends to EverQuest (EverCrack). I mean, the game took over lives. It ruined relationships, interest in school, sports, going out--it was my first exposure to gaming addiction.
I played FF7 for the first time 10 years after it came out and it still blew my mind. What a masterpiece. The remake that recently came out, though? Yikes.

Never saw any lives ruined over EverQuest, but I did see a one or two destroyed over WoW.

Reactions: J.W.

J.W.

Registered
Reaction score
Never saw any lives ruined over EverQuest, but I did see a one or two destroyed over WoW.
EverQuest dates back to 1999 when I was in high school.

My uncle might have had a WoW addiction, but then he bought a hobby farm and lost 40lbs doing work outside. He's an accountant by trade.

krawriter

Registered
Reaction score
EverQuest dates back to 1999 when I was in high school.

My uncle might have had a WoW addiction, but then he bought a hobby farm and lost 40lbs doing work outside. He's an accountant by trade.
Of all the solutions to a WoW addiction, I never would've guessed "hobby farm."

I was 10 when Everquest first came out. I remember finding it in a Toys R Us and begging my mom to buy it for my birthday gift (I think). She said no after realizing it required a monthly fee. She probably saved my life! Haha