• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Larson Publications

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
I'm not finding any posts about them here.

https://www.larsonpublications.com/affiliated-services.php

I find their consultation services to be troubling, some a conflict of interest, and I am sure they will want money from the writer at all points.
Concept refinement
Manuscript development / book doctoring
Ghost writing
Book proposals
Agent services
Contract negotiation
Book packaging
Marketing plans
Publicity
Self-publishing consultation

I've seen this before, where they present as a commercial publisher, but then something like the above is on the website.

Last edited:

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
They're calling themselves a publisher, but they act as agents, do negotiations, and self-publishing consultations? Aside from conflicts of interest, when do they have time to publish books?
Wouldn't it be simpler to just replace their whole list with 'Anything for a buck'?

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
This one's a bit of an oddity:

Larson Publications started in 1982 as a North American subsidiary of Sweden's Bokförlaget Robert Larson AB. The original idea was to be a general publisher.In 1984, publishing The Notebooks of Paul Brunton as quickly as possible became our obsession. Two years later we joined forces with the Paul Brunton Philosophic Foundation. By early 1990 the Notebooks series was complete.
Besides Paul Brunton's books we (as part of PBPF) published works of Joseph Campbell, Anthony Damiani, Plotinus (MacKenna translation), Rumi (Ergin translations), Lex Hixon, René Guénon, Louis Lavelle, Georg Feuerstein, and a variety of gifted new writers.
In June, 2007, we started re-inventing Larson as an independent company.
https://www.larsonpublications.com/about.php

Happy Thanksgiving

Autumn image for Thanksgiving