• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

L'Abeille Publishing

Brad05

Registered
Reaction score
waylander said:
So have you actually got anything good to say about her, or are you just pissing in the pond?
Jus' wonderin if the scammer K's talking about, who appears to be a pretty skanky piece of work for sure, really is the one behind Labeille. Haven't seen hard evidence of that yet, though I admit I ain't a detective. If the scammer and the one who runs Labeille are NOT the same person, then Labeille is getting a bad rap.

katari

Registered
Reaction score
I'm 100% positive it's that same person

Hi Brad,
PM me and I'll show you the evidence. I wouldn't have posted before had I not been certain.
Thanks,
katari

mysteryhost

On assignment. keeping us safe
Registered
Reaction score
100% sure?
Evidence?

Why then do you not go to the authorities with this information and do something about it? (we know the answer)
Why waste your time spreading this information around the Internet? Doing so just makes you sound like a cast off ex-sig-other with a chip on your shoulder. There are professional ways to deal with alleged con artists and scammers but true prosecution is hindered by immature cyberstalkers.

You post accusations in a public forum but refuse to post your proof. That makes you a con artist in my book. Post in public with full disclosure or you discredit yourself.
Post it all or don't post at all.

And as far as your wanting to protect your "method" for tracking this person in the future, give us a break. Your skills are amateur at best.
Your posts are Kindergarten.

mh

katari

Registered
Reaction score
In response to mysteryhost

mysteryhost said:
100% sure?
Evidence?
Yes and yes. I've shown the evidence to all who have expressed interest via PM.

Why then do you not go to the authorities with this information and do something about it?
I have. She escaped the United States and fled to the UK. The NYPD will pick her up if she shows her face within their jurisdiction and she's wanted for burglary in California. Do you know anything about extradition?

(we know the answer)
Oh? And what is that?

Why waste your time spreading this information around the Internet? Doing so just makes you sound like a cast off ex-sig-other with a chip on your shoulder. There are professional ways to deal with alleged con artists and scammers but true prosecution is hindered by immature cyberstalkers.
I don't think warning people about scams is a waste of time, do you? Isn't that the point of this forum?

You post accusations in a public forum but refuse to post your proof. That makes you a con artist in my book. Post in public with full disclosure or you discredit yourself.
Post it all or don't post at all.
No offense, but I don't care about your opinion of me. I only care about preventing people from becoming victimized.

And as far as your wanting to protect your "method" for tracking this person in the future, give us a break. Your skills are amateur at best.
Your posts are Kindergarten.
Your post speaks for itself. Have a nice day
wink.gif

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
Katari, you've called people fools for being so imprudent as to give money or property to this woman without checking her out; yet you find it inexplicable that we should exercise reasonable caution where you're concerned.

Last edited:

katari

Registered
Reaction score
HapiSofi said:
Katari, you've called people fools for being so imprudent as to give money or property to this woman without checking her out;
Where exactly did I say that? I think you're misquoting me.

HapiSofi said:
yet you find it inexplicable that we should exercise reasonable caution where you're concerned.
I've offered to share the information I have with anyone who is sincerely interested and PMs me. Caution is good, but mysteryhost has formed judgments without examining the offered evidence and resorted to ad hominem. Now that's the kind of behavior I would call foolish.

mysteryhost

Registered
Reaction score
I need no further information to know that you are on a vendetta. Your methods hurt law enforcement.

You are just another name going around talking trash about someone. Posting about scams is one thing. Posting without proof is another.

And yes, I do understand about extradiction. You, however, seem to be unaware that we have extradiction agreements with the UK. One may not escape a charge to a nation with which we have treaties in place for this.

You do know that.....right?

katari

Registered
Reaction score
mysteryhost said:
I need no further information to know that you are on a vendetta. Your methods hurt law enforcement.
Not according to the members of law enforcement I've been working with.

mysteryhost said:
You are just another name going around talking trash about someone. Posting about scams is one thing. Posting without proof is another.
You seem more interested in ad hominem than actual information.

mysteryhost said:
And yes, I do understand about extradiction. You, however, seem to be unaware that we have extradiction agreements with the UK. One may not escape a charge to a nation with which we have treaties in place for this.

You do know that.....right?
You are aware that they don't extradite for grand larceny unless it's an enormous amount of money, aren't you?

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
It's almost certainly the same person. We're checking it out, folks. Sorry for the skepticism, Katari. It's hard to figure out motives on an online forum sometimes.

mysteryhost

Registered
Reaction score
Not according to the members of law enforcement I've been working with."

And who might this be? Are you saying they don’t know the downsides of victimizing the alleged perpetrator? But then again all of your information is vague anyway. A defense lawyer will use your information to sway the jury. Child’s play.

"You seem more interested in ad hominem than actual information."

Posting publicly without backing it up publicly is baseless innuendo. You are providing no information yourself. Only links to information from the same person or people quoting the same person. Which one of those links are you?

"You are aware that they don't extradite for grand larceny unless it's an enormous amount of money, aren't you?"

Excuse me? That is more false information. We absolutely DO prosecute and extradite for all felonies. The law establishes no parameter minimums. Only the high profile ones makes the newspapers. You are proving to be a very misinformed spammer.

katari

Registered
Reaction score
JennaGlatzer said:
It's almost certainly the same person. We're checking it out, folks. Sorry for the skepticism, Katari. It's hard to figure out motives on an online forum sometimes.

Thanks Jenna, I appreciate it!

And mysteryhost, I don't know what cop show you've been getting your ideas from but based on what you've posted thus far you have zero credibility on all counts.
pricegoodmenpay.gif

Last edited:

momwrites

Queen of 80's Music
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.xmission.com
Jenna

Jenna, please PM about Alexandrea Stewart and L'Abeille Publishing. If you have something else more concrete than just vague e-mails, I have been given, I would appreciate you letting me know.

Thanks.

Last edited:

katari

Registered
Reaction score
momwrites, before you edited your post you mentioned dealing with a man who is a partner at L'Abeille. Have you actually spoken on the phone with this "man" or have you just exchanged emails? Has this person claimed to be in New York? Please check your PMs, I sent you some information that will help you.
take care,
katari

momwrites said:
Jenna, please PM about Alexandrea Stewart and L'Abeille Publishing. If you have something else more concrete than just vague e-mails, I have been given, I would appreciate you letting me know.

Thanks.

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
katari said:
Hapi Sofi: Katari, you've called people fools for being so imprudent as to give money or property to this woman without checking her out;
Where exactly did I say that? I think you're misquoting me.
Nope.
yet you find it inexplicable that we should exercise reasonable caution where you're concerned.
I've offered to share the information I have with anyone who is sincerely interested and PMs me. Caution is good, but mysteryhost has formed judgments without examining the offered evidence and resorted to ad hominem. Now that's the kind of behavior I would call foolish.
I'd call it foolish to not stop long enough to figure out what Mysteryhost is saying, and respond to it.

I've been in a lot of online discussions, and gone through more than my share of flame wars. If I prefer to see facts and arguments laid out in public, it's not because I'm insincere or not interested; it's because I'm wary of private interactions, and secrets whispered in secret. You can't fool all the people all the time, which is why I'd just as soon have as many of them watching as possible.

You don't know me from Adam, but you're willing to tell me everything if I "PM" you. Why is that? It can't be for the sake of security; there's no security in it. I could be absolutely anyone. I could be the very person you're denouncing. I could be a trickster who'd immediately turn around and re-post your letters to a public forum. I could be your target's lawyer, coaxing you to make actionable statements. I could be something else entirely. So tell me: what's the point?

Something else I've learned to be wary of, over the years, is people who burst into an area announcing that they have a superior grasp of objective reality, immediately insist on conducting the discussion on their own terms, and get snotty with anyone who dissents from their program. Your information may be good, but that's not what this performance is about.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
The big question about Labeille Publishing is this: Can they get books onto bookstore shelves? The answer appears to be "No." That being the case, why would any author consider them in the first place?

GeorgieGirl

James D. Macdonald said:
The big question about Labeille Publishing is this: Can they get books onto bookstore shelves? The answer appears to be "No." That being the case, why would any author consider them in the first place?
I have been following this for a bit with some interest as Katari posted the same stuff on four other writers web sites that I frequent (which seems like a vendetta to me but whatever). Anyway on a whim today, when I was in Barnes and Noble I checked to see if they had any LAbille books in stock and they in fact had two different books on the shelves. Two books is not a lot certainly, but it's not nothing either.

katari

Registered
Reaction score
GeorgieGirl said:
I have been following this for a bit with some interest as Katari posted the same stuff on four other writers web sites that I frequent (which seems like a vendetta to me but whatever).

Hi GeorgieGirl,
can you post links to the "stuff on four other writers web sites"? That's news to me.

Anyway on a whim today, when I was in Barnes and Noble I checked to see if they had any LAbille books in stock and they in fact had two different books on the shelves. Two books is not a lot certainly, but it's not nothing either.
In which Barnes and Noble did you find these books published by L'Abeille? What were the titles?
wht.gif

Some more questions for you, GeorgieGirl aka Andrea Delauren/Alexandrea Stewart, did you make momwrites remove the following from her earlier post and, if so, why?

momwrites said:
I have talked directly to the managing partner of L'Abeille Publishing and their story is completely different.

Alexandrea or whatever her name is, has been stalked by her ex-husband for three years. She wrote a book about being stalked and has proof that he is out to prevent the book from being published as well as slandered her name all over the internet. Now, I am not sure what dealings she has in real estate, whether she has scammed people out of their money, but the publishing company is a legit company, that publishes books traditionally, i.e., doesn't charge authors, has print runs, the gammut. The author is only that, the author of the book, and has no direct contact or affilation with the company. The managing partner of L'Abeille is a man, not a woman and has a completely different address than the one mentioned. I know this because I was given all information about the company.

The publishing company has been harassed, just because they are publishing this book and they have gone to the police about it. Apparently this person who has posted all this stuff on the internet is her ex-husband--from what I have been told.

Last edited:

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
That's interesting, GeorgieGirl (and welcome, by the way-- I see you're new here), because I performed a similar experiment.

I tried searching for L'Abeille's titles in the stock system of Borders, and found out that not a single store in New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut that I could find stocked their books. You'd think, too, that that would be the prime market for books about real estate rental in New York...

Here, try for yourself: http://www.bordersstores.com

Ah, then I called Ingram's hotline, and found these numbers:

The Nouveau Native's NO FEE New York 2006

Total on hand across all warehouses: 0
Total on order across all warehouses: 0
Sales this year: 48
Sales last year: 6

The Nouveau Native's NO FEE New York With Pets 2006

Sales this year: 16
Sales last year: 0

Stalkers, Harassers, & Saboteurs

Invalid number

No other titles from L'Abeille Publishing are listed.

When Nomad comes back, I'll have to ask her to check Bookscan. Too bad she's vacationing this week. Surely there must be some way to explain how GeorgieGirl found two copies of these New York rental guides in Barnes & Noble in... what state/country, again?

It's interesting that, with sales like that, L'Abeille manages to have an office in New York City, don't you think?

Maybe I need to invite a L'Abeille representative here to clear up this confusion.

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
JennaGlatzer said:
When Nomad comes back, I'll have to ask her to check Bookscan. Too bad she's vacationing this week. Surely there must be some way to explain how GeorgieGirl found two copies of these New York rental guides in Barnes & Noble in... what state/country, again?
Local interest by local author? Not surprising at all. Even PAers managed to get books into local B&Ns before they tightened their POD policy.

L'abeille was begun by a couple real estate agents after self-publishing a rental guide that sold well locally. Presuming they make enough brokering to support their "publishing" effort, it may survive. Otherwise, they're just another vanity POD to be avoided regardless of any allegations against their personnel.

katari

Registered
Reaction score
CaoPaux said:
L'abeille was begun by a couple real estate agents after self-publishing a rental guide that sold well locally.

Is that a guess on your part or do you have a source for that information?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
katari said:
It's all there on the webpage and supported by Google searches. If you wish to argue that the webpage and the existing books are a front for a scam, then it returns to the simple fact that this is a new POD press best to be avoided for all the reasons stated previously. I doubt anyone here will approach L'abeille to be published, if that's truely your concern.

katari

Registered
Reaction score
CaoPaux said:
It's all there on the webpage and supported by Google searches.

Where? I don't see where you're getting that at all.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
katari said:
Where? I don't see where you're getting that at all.
Precisely what "that" can't you find?

katari

Registered
Reaction score
CaoPaux said:
Precisely what "that" can't you find?

This part:

katari said:
CaoPaux said:
L'abeille was begun by a couple real estate agents after self-publishing a rental guide that sold well locally.

Lauri B

I Heart Mac
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
JennaGlatzer said:
The Nouveau Native's NO FEE New York 2006

Sales this year: 48
Sales last year: 6

The Nouveau Native's NO FEE New York With Pets 2006

Sales this year: 16
Sales last year: 0

Stalkers, Harassers, & Saboteurs

Invalid number

No other titles from L'Abeille Publishing are listed.

It's interesting that, with sales like that, L'Abeille manages to have an office in New York City, don't you think?

Maybe I need to invite a L'Abeille representative here to clear up this confusion.

Bookscan info as of last Wednesday:
0977426009:
Publisher: Lightning Source
Pub date: 2005-11-01
Sales this week: 14
Sales this year: 73
Sales life of book: 78
Demographic breakdown sales this week:
NYC 10
Syracuse 1
Raleigh-Durham 2
Miami 1