The Cantina Staring Back At You From The Abyss

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Seems the electric company came while we were out getting mom's physical therapy and some groceries. The light might be fixed? It looks different, though. It looks... uh... flat. We'll see what it looks like if and when it comes on tonight.

Reactions: Woollybear

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
*eyes flat streetlight warily*

And it's Thursday evening, and last I looked we had some snow again. Not a lot sticking, but enough of a dusting to make earlier efforts to clear off the car officially pointless. (My own fault, for clearing off the car before tonight's hard freeze... and then it turns out they cancelled trash pickup tomorrow anyway, so I don't need to get up at gawdsawful o'clock on a day off to drive trash down the icy hell that is our lane.)

I did literally nothing today. Watched nothing. Read nothing. Wrote nothing. Did not exercise. Did not go anywhere. The most I did was make dinner and wash dishes and get trash collected for a trash day that isn't happening. Just could not engage the wheels, here. (I think a lot of it is spillover family stress. Mom's already stressing out big time over the sibling's new job. The sibling's already stressing out big time over the sibling's new job. And Dad... well, he's actually doing notably better already with the antibiotics and foot baths, and even seems to be getting his appetite back, but that doesn't seem to matter when there's so much else for everyone to stress about. And I really, really hope they don't need that hard copy of her SS card by training on Sunday because if we didn't start looking today it's not likely to be found, nor is a replacement going to get here soon enough, and that is a nuclear level stress bomb I really don't need to experience the fallout from... Anyway, I'm sorta picking up everyone's stress because I'm the one they yell around, and there's nothing I can do to make the stress go away, so I just sorta sit here not doing anything.)

I think I'll trudge off soon. May try watching something. Or I may take the hint and crawl into bed early and hope tomorrow's not quite so much of a stress storm (even though I know it probably will be, and I can't get away from it.)

• Hug
Reactions: Friendly Frog

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
Schrödinger's street lights?

Down here we're getting soaked and soaked and soaked. Our new roof is leaking, mostly onto the inside of the new front door which was replaced after we got the roof fixed. So I was up all night with towels because GDit we just got those things repaired and they still frakking leak and now on top of it I'm not sleeping because every time I lie down I think of the water ruining the door. I keep telling myself that the rain is so needed, which it is, but they said the roof was sound and it isn't.

Thankfully the rain will stop today.

Time to swab the door again and swap out the towels.
Oof, as someone who spent over two hours pomping water out of a basement yesterday, I hear you.

I am starting to hate leaky roofs and leaky floors so. Very. Much. Now.

The forecast of 10 days of rain fill me with gloomy sorrow and weary sighs.

My sis and I used to have a tradition for a couple of years when we were young were we would, just after midnight, open an outside door, usher out the last year and welcome in the new. If we still did that, tonight we'd be slamming that door on 2021's ass so hard the hinges might not survive.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Boo for leaks!

Yay for giving 2021 the door-to-the-rear treatment!

Friday morning, and I see they're starting work an hour late, which doesn't affect me because day off. (A for-real day off, applied for weeks ago, not a roads-are-trying-to-kill-me day off.)

Stress levels are still stressy, but nobody's currently in a yelly mood, so hopefully I can finally watch the new Expanse episode; things were too stressy and yelly yesterday for me to even think of trying...

And we're making omelet for dinner, because it seemed like a decent meal to send the old year out with. And because the store had omelet stuff when I went grocery shopping, which is always a plus when one makes omelet.

First, though, got to get the site updated for the end of the month/year...

And got the site updated. Also posted my 2021 Reading Year in Review up at my blog, if anyone's bored. So, off to see if I can get the latest Expanse ep in before people decide to be yelly...

(And got roped into family stuff again. Now, family? Can I get forty five minutes to myself now to watch the show I've been telling everyone I really, really wanted to watch? Gah...)

Last edited:
Reactions: Woollybear

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
The good news: The flat streetlight did come on last night. It's blue/white, not unlike the first one we ever had and I'm not mad about that. (The second one, which just burned out, was really yellow-ish and while we got used to it, I always felt like it made the outdoors at night look post-apocalyptic.) It seems to cast light out about the same distance as the last one, though a little more towards the house than the street. Not necessarily a bad thing, as drivers don't need the glare as they go past.

The mail person found the missing package and was able to give it to us. Given that it was that easy I'm guessing that it was indeed in the mailbox of the neighbors who just moved.

We finally watched Black Widow on Disney+ and enjoyed it more than we thought we would. It had a good balance of action, but heartfelt things as well. The defeat of the villain definitely felt like a big "up yours" aimed at human trafficking, too, without being preachy (IMO), but also not glossing over the horrors and complete wrongness of treating human beings in such a manner.

The first episode of Book of Boba Fett was also fine, but I was a little disappointed at how short it was.

The bad news: My pinky is sore. I think I've irritated it by curling my finger around my yarn too much while I'm crocheting. That doesn't normally bother me, but I'm working with a fine yarn right now and probably curling my finger too much to the point of making it sore. Going to take a crochet break until it feels better.

And because 2021 just had to squeeze in one more sucky thing, we're ending the year with mom feeling queasy. She seemed okay first thing, and got some of the Christmas decorations down, but a few hours after breakfast said she felt like she might vomit. She hasn't so far, but is in the bedroom laying down for a while. Hopefully it's just something she ate.

Gaaaaah. I am so ready to give this year the door-to-the-rear treatment.

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
Well, it's time to dress up, set the table and give the cats so much food that they're in a happy food coma by the moment the fireworks begin in a few hours (which I'm expecting to be quite ubiquitous this time around as people will be compensating for This *ù%§é& Year and there have been queues in front of firework shops all week). It shows that the most self-absorved neighbours moved out as it is yet, around 9PM, still blessedly quiet. Usually there is already somebody who can't help themselves to make noise prematurely. The human condition, I'm sure.

I am not really in a festive mood but I'm wearing my pretty elfen shirt, and a very nice perfume and I've had a cocktail and I'm going to enjoy tonight out of sheer spite if I have too. Spite and I have become real friends these last few years...

So that leaves me time to wish you all the very best for the new year. (As I'm not sure whether I'll be in any state to wish you such within a few hours. Yes, I have had a cocktail already, yes, I'm a lightweight, and no, I have never as of yet ever been drunk in my life and I doubt I'll get there tonight despite it really being the night for it, but fortunately I get happy already when merely tipsy.:e2drunk:)

May 2022 be everything 2021 was not. (May 2021 not only have its behind soundly smacked but may its legacy be buried under a few meters of concrete and hordes of radioactive waste signs.) May 2022 not just be the third Plague Year but may it be the Last! May it be filled with joy at last and creative pursuits and Hobbits, sunsets, kittens, dry basements anything one could want. :partyguy::e2flowers:e2dance:

• Love
Reactions: MaeZe

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Hooray for functional streetlights, found packages, and decent visual entertainment!

Boo for sore pinkies!

Friday afternoon, and cannot get myself motivated to do much of anything again. Chest is feeling a bit scungy, too. Better not be starting the new year with crud, dang it.

(Mom really needs some help for her anxiety this coming year; she admits she's not handling anything at all well - just about had a meltdown of her own earlier - but good luck getting into a doctor, let alone getting help for anything...)

Mergh. Do something, lazy idiot me!

--

And it's later the same Friday, the same year.

Dinner omelet done. Pan soaking. And I got some time to kill before the clock runs out on 2021.

Might try watching something... another ep or two of Locke & Key, maybe, or one of the things I grabbed during the Rifftrax sale.

Last edited:
  • Hug
Reactions: Friendly Frog

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
3 and 1/2 hours to midnight here. Mom's feeling better than this morning. Whatever it was was definitely a virus. But only a stomach 24 hour stomach virus. Here's hoping dad and I don't get it. We've got antinausea meds if we do, just still not how I'd prefer to start the new year.

We probably won't actually be sitting up until midnight since mom's already gone to bed. I'll most likely read until then since that's what I do every night, anyway. Right now I'm sketching some crochet blanket ideas and flipping tv channels.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Hooray for crochet sketches, flipped channels, and short-lived viruses! (And starting the new year nauseous... given how the past two have gone... just sayin'...)

Mergh. Sibling is now stressing over an Amazon package that may or may not be delivered tonight. On our still-icy road. In the dark.

I think I'll hide out with some Netflix.

--

And it's technically Saturday morning, start of the new year. The neighbors set off most of their big boomers earlier in the evening, but there are some scattered bangs here and there around the valley.

I also finished off S1 of Locke & Key. Felt a little drawn out toward the end by some logic blunders and obvious missteps by the characters, but overall good. Will try the second season, but maybe after I clear the last season of Lost in Space.

--

Late Sunday morning, and going to be helping in the search for the SS card (which I really hope they don't need before they start training her, because they now want her in at 9 AM tomorrow and we have barely narrowed down possible search areas... plus I can't start anything until I'm given the go-ahead and a place to start, because I'll be yelled at if I do it wrong. Or right. Or at all. Or not at all.)

Yep... 2022's startin' off fun...

--

Still waitin'... can't start anything. Can't eat lunch. Can't exercise. Can't listen to an audiobook. Can't poke at my car (wanted to pop the passenger door panel off and give it the silicone spray treatment, too). Because I don't know when I'll be needed to help. And Mom gets yelly if I ask. Or don't ask. Or exist. Or don't exist.

Way to set expectations, 2022...

Last edited:

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
New Year's Eve and Day were nice. Not awesome or breathtaking. Just... nice. Although I tore my nice shirt. *sigh* It's the seam, so entirely reparably but ah...

Fireworks were reasonable and at acceptable distance, so only Senior Cat grumbled a bit but he settled down quickly enough. Junior Cat slept through, well, everything, smacking his lips a few times while dreaming so he definitely achieved happy food coma.

New Year's gift for nephew was happily accepted even if I had to go to plan B at the last moment when they delivered the wrong thing for his gift. so my Cool Aunt reputation will survive a little longer!

But still, holy tadpole, 2022...

Not ready, I am.

CMBright

Cats are easy, Mice are tough
Registered
Reaction score
Oklahoma weather is crazy. A few days ago (literally last week) the high was in the mid 70's.

Today? Flurries of teeny, tiny snowflakes swirling down. I can see a few edges of sidewalk that have a dusting of snow sticking to the grass.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE snow. I just don't want to go from cool summer/warm spring/fall weather to frigid winter (it's around 20 degrees at the moment) in a day or so.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Boo for torn shirts!

Hooray for reputations!

And it's Saturday afternoon. I may or may not be done with basement stuff (Mom's on the phone with her brother and has left no clear instructions to continue, and this is a job I can't continue without clear instructions on where has or hasn't already been explored; at this point, we think the sibling's just going to have to bring her other ID and maybe proof that she's sent for a new physical SS card. Which is a ridiculous thing to need in this day and age, when the number alone is good for most things and she has other clear official forms of ID... This one's on the sibling, as she's known she lost track of the card for a while and just hasn't got herself together to find it. Hopefully it doesn't derail her job entirely, as she really, really needs this chance.)

I'm considering going out to the car for Operation Door Panel while Mom's still on the phone and can't tell me otherwise.

And I'm going into this year with a truly inane earworm... (Instagram link)

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Employers can check if your SSN is a valid number, why are they asking for the physical card? Not to mention the card can easily be counterfeited. It's a flimsy piece of paper with three color printing and no real security measures.

I have never had to show my SSN card. My son's is here at my house so I know he's never had to show it.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Employers can check if your SSN is a valid number, why are they asking for the physical card? Not to mention the card can easily be counterfeited. It's a flimsy piece of paper with three color printing and no real security measures.

I have never had to show my SSN card. My son's is here at my house so I know he's never had to show it.
When I got hired, they wanted to xerox a copy of my ID - including the SS card - for "records". I have no idea why the physical little card is somehow more valid than the number that checks out, or why it's needed if she has her official photo ID driver license and birth certificate and other info, but around here many employers seem to want it when they hire you in. (At other times, yeah, just entering the number seems to work, but not for hiring in for some reason.)

And I'm back inside from the great Taurus door panel project. Got the front passenger side door panel off and mechanisms siliconed, which helped immensely, but when I tried to pop off a rear door panel (which is only held on with three screws and the plastic clips), I just. Could. Not. Get. It. Free. Something was holding on very hard at the upper front corner, and I could not for the life of me get it to let go enough to peel back the plastic liner and nail the innards with the silicone. So I just hit what I could and put the panel back on. Will try again later if we face another bad strip of weather. Right now, it's above freezing and everything's thawing, if not nearly fast enough for our liking. (If it's still as slick and icy on our back roads as it probably will be, I may have to follow the sibling down the road tomorrow to help her get chains off on her way to her training... it's a bit tricky even with the new chains, and we don't want her showing up mucky and frustrated.)

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Happy New Year!

We had some snow and low temps along with a brisk wind, so I'm ready to move south for the winter.

Seriously. Who needs a live-in ice cream maker? As long as you are in the south and it's warm, I'm down to be your live-in cook, baker, and ice cream maker.

In the meantime, I'm going to look for a call for subs I can send something off to.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Boo for snow and wind!

Saturday winds down, and it feels like a Sunday, possibly because the sibling starts her job training tomorrow (which always seems like a Sunday thing) and possibly because I haven't been to work in over a week so my sense of time is completely out the window.

First day of the new year was very unproductive, but we think we have the sibling ready for tomorrow. I'll be getting up early to see if she needs help unchaining her car. (Her plan, last I heard, was to unchain here in the driveway, as downhill is not a problem, then chain up if she needs it to get back home. We have no idea when that is, though - no idea if she's training a full day, or just part day, or what the frell will happen, or if she'll even need the chains to get home anyway... mergh...)

Mom is really itching to get out of the house, too. Will play things by ear if we go out tomorrow or wait another thawing day until Monday (which I'd sorta like to do, but Mom has this thing where she doesn't bother telling people she's out of important stuff, like her antacid meds, until she's dead out, then grumbling and complaining while insisting "it can wait until you go out, really, I don't mind"... and I can't get a bead on whether she wants to go somewhere because she's feeling house-stuck or if she's out of something important and just won't spit it out).

So, anyway, it's going to be an Interesting year...

Still could use spare good-luck vibes wafted toward the sibling for tomorrow, if anyone has any to spare...

Think I'll get ready for bed.

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Morning, Cantina, and Happy New Year!

The first day of the year was fine for the most part. Mom wasn't queasy anymore, as evidenced by us being able to have our traditional new year's day dinner, but she was still dealing with the last bit of whatever this virus has been and napped part of the day. She says she feels significantly better today, but will still take it easy.

I think my sore pinky is getting better. Still slightly sore, though.

Yesterday was so warm I was wearing short sleeves and we had to sleep with the windows open. Today is the same, plus much clouds and rain. Tomorrow, the temps are supposed to plunge and we might get snow. Cue dad's annual snow related anxiety, which will be worse than ever after mom breaking her foot last year. Wheeeee.

Nowhere to go today besides the store to get some essentials (especially important before potential snow so we don't have the flip out that we can't go out if there's even a light dusting on the ground.) I'm hoping to get some writing done at the least.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Hooray for feeling better!

Boo for anxiety triggers!

Sunday morning, up waaay earlier than I want to be, and the sibling is grumbling. There was a light freeze overnight that made things slippery, so now she doesn't know if she wants to take the chains off here or wait to the end of the road, and she's being grumbly about our offer to help with that (and can't get a read on whether she actually does want help or if she's committed to making her first day on her job as self-sacrificing and unpleasant as humanly possible by throwing as many obstacles in her own way as she can). So I'm sitting here dressed in the off chance she really does want someone to assist her with chain removal.

I really would rather wait until tomorrow to shop, though, to give things an extra day to thaw (and to not deal with the anticipated half inch of rain expected to fall on the compacted snow and ice of our streets, where the storm drains may well be blocked on top of it still). Not sure if Mom is willing to wait until tomorrow, though.

Happy Sunday....

--

Later the same morning. I did indeed help the sibling unchain; she mostly could've done it herself, but was already in borderline meltdown mode after frustrations getting out of the house. (And nearly had a heart attack when the Taurus was very, very reluctant to start; multiple days in subfreezing temps, I probably should've run it a little more often... but it started fine the next time, after it had run a while (I didn't even turn the AC on or anything, to give the battery as little load as possible.) One more thing to keep an eye on...)

Anyway, sibling is now off and theoretically starting training. This so needs to work out it's not even funny... for everyone's sake, this job needs to work out, even if it is just a temp thing. She needs to feel some sense of self-worth and responsibility, and get away from us. We need her to feel some sense of self-worth and responsibility, and get away from us.

And Mom "rode along" when I went down the road to do the chain thing, so we wound up going to the store today instead of tomorrow. Dinner options were still a bit thin, but I have a few to tide me over until Wednesday.

The snow and ice are melting, and most roads are bare and wet, but our road is still Not Fun; chained up on the way home and am glad I did.

--

Later the same Sunday, and just drying off from an emergency gutter installation. (Long story involving downspouts that were improperly installed to begin with, backing up from ice as rain and snowmelt come down the roof, with drainage heading into our basement unless we gerry-rig some spare gutters to aim the runoff away from the house... another thing for Mom to stress and get flustered about, which does not help hang a gutter from a porch railing, but it got done.)

And the sibling's still gone, so hopefully first day's going decently.

--

Sunday evening, and sibling came home, somewhat stressed because she forgot some paperwork and had Issues getting up the road without chains (she was too tired by then to bother; hadn't realized it would be a full day and not just paperwork). General vibe is that this is something she can do, even if she's a bit rusty on the whole "working" thing. And they stuck her graveyard to start out with, which is probably a good thing as she learns the register and such; lot of info thrown at her today, and she's more than a little overwhelmed. (May end up going out tomorrow to buy her something she can take in for lunch, as everything's pretty much shut down when she'll be heading out to work.)

I need to do some sort of exercise today, dang it, even though it's after dinner. Slacked all last week, and it's a lousy note to start the year off on, slacking...

Last edited:

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Boo for stress, but yay for the work being doable!

Welp, our area is officially going into "FIRST SNOW OF THE WINTER AAAAAAH!" panic. Grocery store was packed and I spotted people buying sleds. It was only supposed to be 2-3 inches for our area, but now the prediction's gone up to 6-8 inches even though it's still 50 degrees out at 10pm. Not sure about the logic behind that one, but there are lots of businesses and schools being canceled nevertheless.

Otherwise, we got the Christmas tree out of the house today and continuing de-decoration. I got a smidgen of writing done, but am never super focused on the weekends so just cut myself some slack.

In random news, I've been using Duolingo to learn Spanish for going on 3 years, and I wondered when I started if I'd really see that much progress as I don't consider myself someone who learns languages easily and didn't do well in my Spanish classes in school. While I doubt I'll ever *speak* Spanish fluently (or speak it well since I physically can't roll my R's) it is fun to encounter Spanish on tv and sometimes irl, and realize I'm understanding more and more. I was quite proud of how much I understood of the Spanish in Encanto when I watched that. And tonight I was watching a silly episode of Warehouse 13 where they got sucked into a telenovela where they could only speak Spanish and understood a lot of that too. Yay me. :)

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Hooray for languages! (Keep wanting to learn one myself. I took some French in high school; could read some of it okay, but I never could speak it worth a darn. Then again, I have a minor speech impediment anyway so even English has its troublesome spots for me, so I just plain don't like talking in general. Whoever invented the 'r' is my least favorite person in history...)

Boo for snow scares!

Made myself do a quick round of foot pedaling, so I can say I did some exercise. Still trying to get story-worthy ideas for Sisyphus; need to just throw random crud in a spitball file, try to get the rock rolling up the hill, though honestly with everything going on my creativity meter is somewhere on the negative end of the gauge, actively repelling ideas instead of simply being bereft of them...

And last we checked the improvised gutter catcher thing is still doing its job of keeping water out of the basement. Hopefully the ice inside the downspout's thawing enough to take the snowmelt and rain runoff... Tomorrow we have to try to get ready for the rodent control guy's visit Tuesday morning. Mom is Very Not Happy that they're sending him out when our road is still a hazard and the yard's full of slush and ice... plus she has an appointment on Tuesday and can't wait around for someone.

Really is gonna be one of those years, I think...

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
I'm writing this evening. I'm writing something new for a call for subs I found. Here's a link to it if you're curious or looking for a place to send stuff to.

ETA: I clicked Send before I was ready. Oops. But what I was going to say is that I didn't get anything done this weekend but a whole lot of farting around. Tomorrow I go back to work and I'm just not in the mood.

It's supposed to get below zero tonight. In fact, I think it's below zero right now. I'm still only using a space heater instead of my baseboard heaters. I'm not sure it's saving me any money at this point, though, so I might as well just turn them on and get on with it.

I hope everybody is staying warm!

RunForPresentense

Registered
Reaction score
*clears throat awkwardly* hi all, long time no talk (and even then, barely much talk?) I’m one of those refreshed old newbies. Thought I’d drop in to say hiya to the Cantina. Hope y’all are enjoying 2022 in spite of some wonky weather!

In random news, I've been using Duolingo to learn Spanish for going on 3 years, and I wondered when I started if I'd really see that much progress as I don't consider myself someone who learns languages easily and didn't do well in my Spanish classes in school. While I doubt I'll ever *speak* Spanish fluently (or speak it well since I physically can't roll my R's) it is fun to encounter Spanish on tv and sometimes irl, and realize I'm understanding more and more. I was quite proud of how much I understood of the Spanish in Encanto when I watched that. And tonight I was watching a silly episode of Warehouse 13 where they got sucked into a telenovela where they could only speak Spanish and understood a lot of that too. Yay me. :)
Super cool about learning Spanish! I can relate—I recently rewatched quite a bit of Jane Virgin which (in case you’re unaware) has a major supporting character that mostly speaks in Spanish. I find I pick up a lot that way. Not -necessarily- suggesting you watch Jane Virgin, though it’s got some superb writing in it! Just wondering aloud if there are shows where at least one character frequently speaks Spanish that could complement your Dulingo habit?

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Hooray for subs!

Boo for subzero temps!

Hooray for returning people!

Monday morning, which feels like a Tuesday because yesterday felt like a Monday and time has no meaning anymore and everything is irrelevant. Sibling is already turning the literal gift job - I am not kidding, I was standing there and saw it happen, the guy walked up to her in the store and offered her a job, because they're that desperate - into a mouthful of cavities: now it won't pay enough, she'll never remember how to do things, she misplaced her "good" car keys, she'll never be able to sleep during days and she'll be stuck on graveyard cashier shift to the end of time, she doesn't know where employees park in the parking lot, the sky isn't blue enough...

Beloved sibling, you finally got someone to give you a chance after more than 15 years of being unemployed and having a resume so obsolete that the last time she applied somewhere someone openly questioned whether one ever existed at all (San Francisco Music Box company, one of her first retail jobs at a local mall). You were literally handed this gift on a silver platter. For your sake, for all our sakes... Do. Not. Eff. This. Up!

Sigh...

Guess I'll wander off and see if I'm needed for anything.

(Aaand now the sibling's car may be having Serious Issues... I may be having to drop her off and pick her up at work for a while... ETA: She reported "dark smoke from the back" of her car, but on further discussion it may have been that she was gunning her wheels to get up our still-slick road without chains... I so hope the roads are more navigable by tonight when she has to go to work. Or tomorrow when I have to take Mom to her PT appointment.)

Last edited:

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
Well, this sucks. I forgot the blood donation drive tonight. And I had it all timed out with my booster and all. Normally I get a text reminder but now, the one day when the nephews come over and I actually need that reminder, zilch. I feel so bad now. Had to officially sign-up and all with corona, blood supplies are on the low side and I just forgot. I remembered it well enough yesterday, but not today, when it counted.

Not feeling very efficient, right now.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Boo for forgotten things!

Later Monday afternoon. Sibling can't seem to make herself sleep days, so her first official graveyard shift will Not Be Fun. (Been there, done that on brains refusing to sleep when they need to sleep...)

Still haven't done much with my day, between being needed for various Things and generally lacking motivation. Will be making myself exercise soon. Might aim for a later dinner time; not sure how we want to coordinate meals with the sibling working overnights or what, and I'm sure I'll get yelled at whatever I decide because that's the go-to move, apparently... mergh.

--

And later the same Monday, post-dinner. (For the curious, I did manage some exercise, so +1 to self-discipline, even if it's only +0.000001 to fitness.) Don't have the oomph to try transcribing (though I really need to push myself a bit harder on that, this is Not The Week), so I may try to find something to watch. Might end up going to bed a bit early, because I may need to get up a bit earlier than I'd planned on a day off tomorrow.

Sibling's already stressing about the graveyard shift. Fingers crossed she deals okay... and gets some sleep tomorrow.

Last edited: