• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Krullstone Publishing

DLacy

Through dangers untold...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donellelacy.com
This company looks decent, but I can't find them on Predators and Editors. I think they're a pretty new company (2 years or less). They're advertising for illustrators and I don't want to be taken for a ride if I apply. This is their website: Krullstone Publishing.

Has anyone had experience working with them?

PVish

Cat hair collector
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peevishpen.blogspot.com
Neither of the two books from the publisher are available in print copies from Amazon, although an e-book of one is listed on Amazon for $12.95. The print copy is $29.95 on the Krullstone website. The other book, the first in "a unique children’s book series," has a sneak preview and is available for pre-order.

Only two books and not much of an Amazon presence: you might want to wait and see if this new publisher will last, although they claim to have been around under another name since 1977.

DLacy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
donellelacy.com
Thanks, PVish. I noticed the scant number of books and the meager amazon presence. If they could pay, I'd be tempted - even if they dropped off the face of the earth after I got paid. Most work for hire is all the same. Single payment for services rendered. No royalties.

DLacy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
donellelacy.com
Still no idea who these people are. My sister said she'd heard of them but she couldn't tell me from where. Does anyone know their head lady Charlotte Ivey?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Is now a "self-publishing" service.

ETA: site has been "remodeling - back soon" for a few months. Last book pubbed '16.

Last edited: