Kindle published comics

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

bunny hugger

Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am currently looking at formatting a comic book using Kindle Create for kindle publishing. It's kind of a side project that came into my head in the middle of the night.

Is anyone else publishing on kindle? Any tips?

My comic is a low-text, fantasy B/W that I plan to be ongoing but the first volume with around about 35 pages.

Last edited:

dickson

Hairy on the inside
Registered
Reaction score
I’ve published with kindle, and have used Kindle Create. KC is a breathtakingly inflexible tool. The one thing it does, it does well: Take text in final form and format it as an ebook. For anything that deviates from this, it sucks massively. It doesn’t even handle cover art; that gets added as part of kindle publishing. Need to edit or reformat something? Maybe, maybe not. I never once used it without my blood pressure spiking.

I have no idea if it will even do a comic book. If you go that route, please let the rest of us know how it goes! And good luck!

bunny hugger

Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I am using the version specifically for comic books. For text-only books I don't use it. But knowing nothing about e-comics I am more inclined to use their tools for that....

Reactions: dickson

dickson

Hairy on the inside
Registered
Reaction score
I am using the version specifically for comic books. For text-only books I don't use it. But knowing nothing about e-comics I am more inclined to use their tools for that....
I was unaware there was a version for comics. Good to know, though I doubt I’ll be doing one of those anytime soon.