Kinda sorta urgent: Which stories/poems are best suited to reading on radio??

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
Anybody have an opinion about this?

The essays are really too long, I think. NPR for example uses 300-400 word pieces for the commentaries on All Things Considered and Morning Edition.

SUGGESTIONS??? (I go on the air at 1:50pm but will be without computer access after 11:30am)

THANKS!

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Try Matthew James' "The Shrine." It's short and very touching, almost a signature piece for the anthology. But seriously, you should read your own piece -- I think it's great and it really isn't that long. If time is a factor, you could read parts (excepts) of it... like a passage from the beginning, the middle then the end... it'd still read like the original...

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What a wonderful opportunity! Yes, read some of your own work, if you can. Apart from that, I would think a 'story' type of poem would work well--something more entertaining, not so esoteric. (But not too epic...) Also, a humorous piece would probably do well, (unless they want more serious poetry). Guess it depends on your audience, and what the purpose of your spot is.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I agree. Yes, the anthology is the primary thing, but this is YOUR moment to shine, mommie, so read your own piece even if just an exerpt.

And HAVE FUN!

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
Thank you all - I've printed mine out (just ordered my print copies yesterday so don't have those yet) and will read it at a normal pace to see how long it goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Book