KIDLIT CONTEST WINNERS!

havefaith22

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks again, everyone. I'm so glad my story was well liked, but some of the scores were so close that quite a few of the others could have easily won. I'm looking forward to seeing who wrote what, and letting them know what I liked about them.

I hope Smish got off to a good start this morning! Without a "present" from her cat. :D

Swachski, I voted #1 for yours! I couldn't get over how clever "Food Fight" was. I was so impressed with it I even read it aloud to my husband, then got choked up at the end out of sheer respect. (Yeah, I'm weird like that) ;) You're awesome!

Last edited:

GFanthome

At the computer, opening a vein
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Congrats to all the winners! Nice work!
:))

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to the winners, as well as to everyone who entered the comp!:D

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations everyone! I definitely voted for yours Swachski and for Bang. Kitty's was my fourth choice, but it was close with the other one I voted for. Everyone's work was great and I'm still so bummed I didn't make the time to enter! Congratulations again!

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
way2go 'n congrats to the winners and everyone who entered. Also congrats to the runners of the contest! :Cake:s for all! :)

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
GAH! I forgot the winners were going to be announced today!

CONGRATS WINNERS! (I voted for some of them - YAY!)

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
Great job, everyone! (Though I'm sad one of my favorites didn't make the top three)

Last edited:

Butterbean

This boy just ain't right
Registered
Reaction score
Robstown,Texas..Birthplace of Texas hold 'em
Website
www.storiesfrommikeysworld.com
With 57 votes in, the winners are:

First Place: Alex is Really Not to Blame, by Kitty Pryde.

Second Place: Bang, by legendary bum.

Third Place: Food Fight, by swachski.

Congratuations to the winners! :TheWave:

And a huge thank you to everyone who donated prizes and/or donated their time to read the entries and vote!

(Results for all entries to follow)

Congratulations to all the winners!!!!:hooray:
I am truely sorry for missing out on all the fun!!! I hope we can do something like this again.:D

ColoradoKate

Registered
Reaction score
... when I first read Smish's list and saw the 29 next to my story, I thought I'd come in 29th.

HA! That's exactly what I thought about mine, only my score was 23, so it took me a bit longer to figure out it didn't mean 23rd place. But, yanno, that would have been okay, too--it was fun just to participate.

Congrats to everyone who entered! :hooray:

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I still want to know who wrote The Other Side of the Mirror, I really enjoyed that one!

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Can the brit who wrote "Dinninja Lady" please out themselves, and then finish writing the novel and send it to me to read? Kthxbai.

Who wrote what? I am very keen to see if I guessed the authors correctly...I thought I could recognize at least 5 of em from the writing style. Tho my own story was not my usual type of thing at all so :shrug:

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I thought "Danninja" lady was great too! It had a few typos, but I thought the story was so funny and full of action, it got one of my votes. I could be wrong, but I'm guessing Mr. Brett?

I also want to know who is responsible for the line: “Yes, I am Commander McNutts from the Planet Fuzzybuns.” That one got me giggling. :roll:

that redhead

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats everyone!! :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy:

There truly were some awesome stories, so creative and fun, and I laughed my patootie off at many of them!! :roll:

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I thought the MG voice in yours was perfect, Sydneyd! And I loved the twist of the mom being the lunch lady — what kid wouldn't DIE if that happened? :D

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
... And I loved the twist of the mom being the lunch lady — what kid wouldn't DIE if that happened? :D

Exactly why Syd's got my vote too - Lurved it! :hi:

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I thought the MG voice in yours was perfect, Sydneyd! And I loved the twist of the mom being the lunch lady — what kid wouldn't DIE if that happened? :D

Exactly why Syd's got my vote too - Lurved it! :hi:

Thanks to both of you! :D

I hope others come forward, I WANT TO KNNNOOOWWW!!

Flur

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so I'll step up and claim mine even though it didn't do so well :D My entry was The Cafeteria and My Big Mouth Equals Trouble.

I hoped it would do better, but I'll take this as a learning experience and writing exercise. There really were some great stories up there. :) It was such a fun thing to be a part of. :)

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I thought "Danninja" lady was great too! It had a few typos, but I thought the story was so funny and full of action, it got one of my votes. I could be wrong, but I'm guessing Mr. Brett?

I also want to know who is responsible for the line: ?“Yes, I am Commander McNutts from the Planet Fuzzybuns.?” That one got me giggling. :roll:

Yes, and yes! The space squirrels were very "Fat Men From Space", that was my other favorite. I'd go absolutely nuts (har har) for that kind of stuff as a kid.,,,,,,,,

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so I'll step up and claim mine even though it didn't do so well :D My entry was The Cafeteria and My Big Mouth Equals Trouble.

I hoped it would do better, but I'll take this as a learning experience and writing exercise. There really were some great stories up there. :) It was such a fun thing to be a part of. :)

I liked this one! I thought there was something very Ramona Quimby/Bart Simpsony about your main character, it was a fun mix!

starbeam

Registered
Reaction score
Though I tied in tenth place with twelve votes, I'll admit to writing the poem, My Bitter Enemy. I just hope people enjoyed it. :)

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Flur, your story made me think of my husband who always says he used to wolf his food down, even if it was disgusting, so he wouldn't prolong the agony. :D I like the paragraph full of lies — I can picture a 3rd grader doing something like that!