• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Kid Mercury Publishing

kidmercury

Kid Mercury Publishing is holding a short story contest on its forums at http://www.kidmercurypublishing.com/workshop/. Stories under 3,000 words in length will be considered for publication in a collection of short stories that will be published both online and in paperback form. Entrance to the contest is free.

Published authors will be provided with royalties based on book sales.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Please let me know if my understanding is correct: The winners receive no prize except royalties based on sales of works that also appear online? Why is anyone going to buy the print version?

Maryn

Saanen

Registered
Reaction score
Also, it appears that entries are posted to the public forum for voting, which if I'm not wrong means that you've already given away electronic rights for your work just by entering.

I think it's an ambitious project and it may turn out to be great, but I also think the details might not have been worked out as well as they should have been.

OneTeam OneDream

Been a long time...
Registered
Reaction score
Saanen said:
Also, it appears that entries are posted to the public forum for voting, which if I'm not wrong means that you've already given away electronic rights for your work just by entering.

I think it's an ambitious project and it may turn out to be great, but I also think the details might not have been worked out as well as they should have been.

I think you are more right than you know. The main url for this website (which is now down by the way) was www.storystealers.com

Saanen

Registered
Reaction score
OneTeamOneDream said:
I think you are more right than you know. The main url for this website (which is now down by the way) was www.storystealers.com

Yikes! Yes, thanks for posting this! I wasn't intending to enter, but I sure as hell won't consider it for a moment now.

OneTeam OneDream

Been a long time...
Registered
Reaction score
Saanen said:
Yikes! Yes, thanks for posting this! I wasn't intending to enter, but I sure as hell won't consider it for a moment now.

vBulletin Message
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the forum is being temporarily closed. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I think we found out what those unforseen circumstances were.

J. Y. Moore

Registered
Reaction score
Doesn't this need to be posted to the Bewares board in case they do another name change with similarly devious intent?

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com