• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Ki Agency (Meg Davis)

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Transatlantic

Should be writing!
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with the Ki Agency or Meg Davis? (PS: In London, I think.)

I can't find any info here beyond this thread about her old agency (I think), MBA.

Thanks in advance!

whirlaway

Registered
Reaction score
I queried her in November of last year. Three weeks later I got a detailed, personal and very helpful rejection. She's at the top of my list to query with my next project.

Transatlantic

Should be writing!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Whirlaway!

I've just attended a talk by her. She seems smart and experienced and says she's (1) interested in idiosyncratic fiction and (2) the hands-on type of agent. Unfortunately, I don't think my book is a fit for her (though not because it isn't idiosyncratic fiction!), but she seems sound!

profen4

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Thanks, Whirlaway!

I've just attended a talk by her. She seems smart and experienced and says she's (1) interested in idiosyncratic fiction and (2) the hands-on type of agent. Unfortunately, I don't think my book is a fit for her (though not because it isn't idiosyncratic fiction!), but she seems sound!

Did she offer a definition for idiosyncratic fiction? Maybe an example of a published novel she felt fell into that category?

Last edited by a moderator:

Transatlantic

Should be writing!
Registered
Reaction score
She didn't - sorry. Talk was mostly about how to deal with agents in general. She did say she doesn't rep kids' books, doesn't get mommy lit, and... er... trying to remember the other category she said didn't resonate with her!

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
I know Meg, she reps some good people.
I think by idiosyncratic she would mean fiction that defies categorisation. If she loves your work she'll go for it so I would advise that you send it and let her decide.

Happy Thanksgiving

Autumn image for Thanksgiving