• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Key Literary Agency / Royal Trinity Press (Kimberly Key)

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Sad.

Kimberly, your last chance to be taken seriously will be to provide details of your alleged sale to Random House.

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know whether Kimberly Key has contacted anyone else by PM, claiming that she's sold a book to Random House "under a pseudonym" but I most certainly have and in addition to making a Bingos-worth of claims as to my chance of publication, she's also suggested that I apologise to this agency for my "derogatory comments".

Needless to say, I declined her invitation.

At the moment, this is an agency with no verified sales and until she can produce some evidence to back up her claims at making sales, it's one to avoid.

MM

entropic island

Registered
Reaction score
Wow...this is what I love about the Bewares & Background Check forum...*grabs popcorn*

I'd point out some fatal flaws in Key's pretense just so she'll leave me a visitor message under a psuedonym too....

Last edited:

Saskatoonistan

Still the wrong side of Saskatoon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sean-cummings.ca
The gorn is not happy at all...

gorn_speaks.jpg

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
victoriastrauss:
"Under a pseudonym"???

Now I really have heard it all.

Yup. I found it particularly ironic given that she was posting here under her real name ...

I did say that if she was unwilling to share the details of the title that she sold to Random House for whatever reason, then she could instead email me the name of the acquiring editor and if I could verify that, then I'd be happy to post to the thread that she had in fact made a legitimate sale. I'm still waiting to hear back and frankly, I think I've got more chance of pulling the gorn than getting an actual answer.

MM

Kimberly Key

Registered
Reaction score
Could you please tell me who your agent is? What publishing companies are currently reviewing your manuscript and what is the editors names? Is anyone just reviewing your synopsis or is anyone actually reading the manuscript? How many manuscripts has your agent sold? Please advice as to what major manuscripts you agent has sold; what publishing house and the name of author and name of book.

Kimberly Key

Registered
Reaction score
You are correct. I hate vampires to begin with and if I see on more I'll slit my wrists!

Kimberly Key

Registered
Reaction score
Who are you signed with? Who is your agent? Who is your publisher? Do you not understand the concept that everyone started somewhere in life?

Stop bashing someone who is actually trying to help authors. Stop bashing someone who is trying to turn this ugly business into some pretty. I suspect you do not have a clue as to the evils of this world. Flash; I do!.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Who are you signed with? Who is your agent? Who is your publisher? Do you not understand the concept that everyone started somewhere in life?

Stop bashing someone who is actually trying to help authors. Stop bashing someone who is trying to turn this ugly business into some pretty. I suspect you do not have a clue as to the evils of this world. Flash; I do!.
*looks confused* Who are you talking to?

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com

I'm happy to give you the name of my agent in PM, Kimberly, (although it is a matter of record, as his name is on my deal announcements) and I have books under contract with Simon & Schuster and Random House.

Now, why don't you tell me the name of the book you sold to Random House, and the acquiring editor? Or any books you've sold to commercial publishing houses would do, really.

Publishing is NOT an ugly business. It's a wonderful business, focused as it is on providing good books to readers.

Nobody's bashing you. We're simply pointing out that you have no verifiable experience in this business, and have no verifiable sales of books to advance-paying commercial publishers.

"Agent" is not an entry-level job, as has been pointed out here many times. You need specific skills; you need connections; you need to understand complex publishing contracts. Those skills, connections, and terms are not picked up overnight.

If you have those things, we'd be happy to rethink our reservations about you. If you don't have those things, you cannot be an effective agent, since they are the major parts of an agent's job.

(ETA: Yes, I understand the concept that everyone must start somewhere. That's why reputable agents with reliable sales records start as interns at reputable agencies, or at publishing houses, and move up in the ranks from there, gathering experience, knowledge, and contacts as they go.) (Oh, and I also am quite familiar with the evils of this world, thanks.)

This isn't personal.

Looking forward to your PM!!!

Last edited:

Terie

Writer is as Writer does
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.teriegarrison.com
Could you please tell me who your agent is? What publishing companies are currently reviewing your manuscript and what is the editors names? Is anyone just reviewing your synopsis or is anyone actually reading the manuscript? How many manuscripts has your agent sold? Please advice as to what major manuscripts you agent has sold; what publishing house and the name of author and name of book.

Of what possible relevance to your background are the answers to these questions, posed to the people posting here? This is a background check forum, and folks are trying to establish your background. If you have relevant experience, why are you trying so hard to hide it? Since you're not answering the questions, the obvious conclusion folks here will draw is that you don't have any relevant experience.

Oh, and my agent? My publishing credits? They're on my website.

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
Kimberly Key:
Could you please tell me who your agent is?

I have told you - it's in the PM I sent you and it's in each of the signatures to my posts. Given that you apparently have very poor research and/or reading skills however, it's Rogers Coleridge and White.

Kimberly Key:
What publishing companies are currently reviewing your manuscript and what is the editors names?

As I said in my PM, I am currently in the process of editing my manuscript with the aim of it going on submission to a number of publishers in January 2010.

Kimberly Key:
Is anyone just reviewing your synopsis or is anyone actually reading the manuscript?

Again, like I said in my PM to you, my agent has had preliminary discussions with those editors she has a relationship with, but nothing will go on submission until my edits are finished.

Kimberly Key:
How many manuscripts has your agent sold?

Considerably more than you have. If you don't believe me, check it out for yourself.

Kimberly Key:
Please advice as to what major manuscripts you agent has sold; what publishing house and the name of author and name of book.

Click on the above links and see for yourself.

Kimberly Key:
Do you not understand the concept that everyone started somewhere in life?

Yes. Do you understand that being an agent is not an entry level position and that if you have no background in publishing or agenting then you have no credentials? Do you also understand that being printed by Publish America is not a publishing credential?

Kimberly Key:

Oh get off your cross, love. Someone else needs the wood.

Now that I've answered your questions, tell me who the acquiring editor was for the novel you claim to have sold your novel to at Random House.

MM

(All your Gorn belong to me)

Last edited: