• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

JustFiction! Edition / Lambert Academic Publishing / Verlag Dr. Müller

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

SarahJane

Registered
Reaction score
I don't really want to email them back and engage with them, but I went to their website, and this is what they list on their distributors page:

Your Book, Worldwide!We are cooperating with worldwide operating distributors Amazon and Lightning Source as well as with local distributors in already 40 countries as of yet. Our well developed distribution network guarantees a continuous and worldwide marketing of your book.
Please visit OmniScriptum website to find out more about our distributors

So if you go to OmniScriptum, click on distribution, and scroll down, there is a logo for Hachette Livre. If you click on this, it brings you to this website: https://www.hachette.com/en/homepage/

I have no idea if this is legit.

C Alberts

Registered
Reaction score
Hachette is a publisher, not a bookstore. (They bought the little company I used to edit for.) Or are they trying to imply Hachette distributes their books?

In the U.S., Hachette does distribute several other mid-size publishers including Chronicle and Abrams, but as far as I can tell they do not distribute this publisher. I have no idea about other parts of the world but I spent a few minutes googling around and the only places I see Omniscriptum or any of their other names showing up in results with Hachette or Hachette Livre are their own sites and other places quoting them. I can't find anything on Hachette U.S. or Hachette Livre acknowledging their existence.

The fact that they repeatedly refer to Hachette as a store or a shop is a red flag.

Kristine

Registered
Reaction score
Hachette Livre and Omniscriptum

Hello everyone,

my name is Kristine from OmniScriptum, the mother-company of several dozen imprints, also Editions Muse. One of our authors pointed out this comment section, and I feel I need to address the incorrect information posted here, particularly the untrue claim that Hachette Livre is not our distribution partner.

We have a contractual relationship for distribution of our French titles by Hachette Livre since 2015. Hachette is our distributor in France, Benilux countries, Canada and Northern Africa. In addition, Hachette not only distributes (sells) our titles, it is also one of our print partners via their printing agreement with Lightning Source France. Hachette does not list all its partners on their website, but they work as a distributor for 3rd party publishers. If you would cross check Dilicom (France’s main platform for electronic exchange of book metadata for sales, namely, the platform where thousands of booksellers in France get their book data from) with any of our French imprint names, you would see Hachette Livre listed as our distributor.

Therefore, please do not spread false information.

Thank you.