Just Crazy January - 500 words a day - editing/writing - all genres welcome

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Hi! I'm back. Well, kinda. Things have been really crazy for me, especially with my health - nothing serious thankfully, just really hard to manage, I guess. It's a long story.

Anyway! Here we are in 2022! We made it, we survived, we're all here.

Soooooooo how did December go? Did you make your goals?

What are your January goals?

Reactions: lizmonster

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Goals:

~To not die. Between work and stress, that's a strong possibility.
~To write my serial story and turn it in for approval. It's already 3 days late. Oops.
~To finish my "The Red Shoes" retelling for an antho. It's due March 1st but it needs editing as well, so the draft needs to be done and edited, then professionally edited before then.
~To finish my client novel #2 on time. Which is in about...3 weeks...ish. I'm on page 25 of 400. *faints*
~Start anthology project? (Take pictures?) Due 2/3
~To not die. Really.

December I did absolutely nothing. Didn't write, didn't write any poetry. Lots of stress though! I did take Christmas off, so that was nice. I finished my client's novel #1 on time. I did a lot of thinking about what I wanted to do once things let up a bit, so there's some stuff simmering in my head.

Health issues suck, y'all. They seriously derailed most of 2021 for me. I am hoping 2022 will be better.

Last edited:

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
My deepest condolences, and my most heartfelt sympathies. I am right there with you.
Thank you. I'm not in any real danger of death, but my stress level is rising, so you never can tell. I'm working on trying to reduce it, relax, meditate, the whole thing. We shall see. Hope you can do the same. Hugs.

Unimportant

I got a Sisyphus point!!!!!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you. I'm not in any real danger of death, but my stress level is rising, so you never can tell. I'm working on trying to reduce it, relax, meditate, the whole thing. We shall see. Hope you can do the same. Hugs.
Being away from the Day Job for three weeks, with another three weeks of leave to look forward to, has made an immense difference -- and has made me realise what my biggest source of stress is. I intent to look into doing something about that, now that I have diagnosed the problem.

Hugs, good karma thoughts, and best wishes to you.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Being away from the Day Job for three weeks, with another three weeks of leave to look forward to, has made an immense difference -- and has made me realise what my biggest source of stress is. I intent to look into doing something about that, now that I have diagnosed the problem.

Hugs, good karma thoughts, and best wishes to you.
Oh man, I'd kill for that kind of time off right now. Maybe someday. Enjoy it. :) Thank you so much.

Unimportant

I got a Sisyphus point!!!!!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh man, I'd kill for that kind of time off right now. Maybe someday. Enjoy it. :) Thank you so much.
Yep, I've used up all my saved leave, plus gone into deficit for several weeks. There's a fairly good chance that by mid March they'll disestablish my position, in which case they can't claw back the leave-in-advance I've taken, so I'm pushing the boat out. Because, yanno, eff 'em.

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
Saoirse, I hope your health improves.

I've got very little writing to show for November or December, but my goals for both months weren't very realistic, either.

My two goals for January are to finish editing Sad Girl book 3 and to finish drafting a Reddit-prompted novella.

Reactions: Saoirse

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Saoirse, I hope your health improves.

I've got very little writing to show for November or December, but my goals for both months weren't very realistic, either.

My two goals for January are to finish editing Sad Girl book 3 and to finish drafting a Reddit-prompted novella.
Thank you. :) Right there with you on the very little writing to show for November and December. Those a great goals. :) This Reddit-prompted novella sounds intriguing!

Reactions: cmhbob

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Wee little update since I'm here:

~To not die. Between work and stress, that's a strong possibility. ~I'm still alive!
~To write my serial story and turn it in for approval. It's already 3 days late. Oops. ~Hoping to start tonight, she says hopefully.
~To finish my "The Red Shoes" retelling for an antho. It's due March 1st but it needs editing as well, so the draft needs to be done and edited, then professionally edited before then. ::laughs:: Maybe.
~To finish my client novel #2 on time. Which is in about...3 weeks...ish. I'm on page 25 of 400. *faints* ~Just crossed the halfway point today so there is hope! I'm working upstairs so there's noise and commotion and people keeping me from sleeping and it's ....kinda working? Stay tuned.
~Start anthology project? (Take pictures?) Due 2/3
~To not die. Really.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this month being a decent month. Cautiously.

Last edited:
  • Hug

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I'm glad you're not dead, Saoirse. :)

Sorry I missed this thread up to now. Chipping in my goals for the month: read a couple of research books for my new project and work on the outline. I still don't have any names for the characters, so that's a definite target.

I wish you all the best for progress.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I'm glad you're not dead, Saoirse. :)

Sorry I missed this thread up to now. Chipping in my goals for the month: read a couple of research books for my new project and work on the outline. I still don't have any names for the characters, so that's a definite target.

I wish you all the best for progress.
So glad to see you! Great goals. The names will come. I fond they usually do. Thanks for the well wishes. :)

I got about 100 pages left of the editing job, which is good because my deadline is this week.

Nothing else.

REALLY need to start the serial installment though. :hides:

MarkEsq

Clever title pending.
Registered
Reaction score
In the wilds of Texas. Actually, the liberal oasi
Hi everyone,

I recognize a few names, been away from AW for a while (a loooong while!). I'm missing my fellow writers, though, and so came back to reconnect a little. Hope everyone's putting some words on the page, or at least reading something good!

Reactions: Calla Lily

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Hi everyone,

I recognize a few names, been away from AW for a while (a loooong while!). I'm missing my fellow writers, though, and so came back to reconnect a little. Hope everyone's putting some words on the page, or at least reading something good!
Welcome back! :) I recognize your name. I hope you're doing well.

• Love
Reactions: MarkEsq

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Wee little update since I'm here:

~To not die. Between work and stress, that's a strong possibility. ~I'm still alive!
~To write my serial story and turn it in for approval. It's already 3 days late. Oops. ~DONE
~To finish my "The Red Shoes" retelling for an antho. It's due March 1st but it needs editing as well, so the draft needs to be done and edited, then professionally edited before then. ::laughs:: Maybe. Going to start this as soon as the editing job is turned in.
~To finish my client novel #2 on time. Which is in about...3 weeks...ish. I'm on page 25 of 400. *faints* ~It's technically done, has been for about a week. Just doing my final quick pass now. So close!
~Start anthology project? (Take pictures?) Due 2/3 ~Nope. On the advice of the other participants, I will be using existing pictures. I just need to figure out which ones.
~To not die. Really. ~So far, so good! And I am sleeping better, too!

I'm cautiously optimistic about this month being a decent month. Cautiously.
Another wee update.

Elizabeth George's book Write Away