Status
Not open for further replies.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Thanks! I designed that one before I realized I'm no designer and I should leave it to the pros. ;) I just put in an order for a design company to make the announcements.

Judy: I'm glad I read this after the good outcome, because I got so nervous just scrolling down to your next post! Phew! How's your niece recovering? Is the baby with her or will she need to be in the NICU? Juuuust shy of 6 pounds... I'm sure she'll do fine.

Dancingandflying, thanks! Now if you could hear the adorable sound of her yawn and the way she smacks her lips together after she eats, you'd love her even more. :D

My new favorite picture of her:

PinkonFloor.jpg

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Wow!! I just realized that I never went back and read about half of this thread. I'm just about through it now. It cracked me up! A few responses...

My daughter wanted to remind Jenna that Sarina was born on Dr. Seuss' birthday.

THAT IS SO COOL.

I actually have a picture of the placenta from when I had Emmory.

Me too. And not for any good medical reason. Anthony just got really into things at the end...

We had a previous agreement. It went like this:

Me: When I'm in labor, I want you to stay by my head. Don't even look... down there...

Him: I'm so glad you said that. I don't want to be anywhere near... down there...

Then came labor. I'm in the pushing stage and the nurse says, "Hey, your baby has a lot of hair!"

Me: Get out!

Her to Anthony: Do you want to see?

Him: YEAH!

At this point I want to argue, but I'm... you know... pushing out a baby. So he looked, and apparently it all became fascinating to him, and for the next half hour, it was like he became the nurse's assistant. And he whipped out his camera and took (I am not kidding) 800 photos in the hour after birth, beginning with the moment the baby came out. Really, the moment. It's a slightly gross but awesome picture.

Anyway, when I was going through the pics later, I asked, "What is this?"

"Your placenta."

"My... WHAT?!!"

"I couldn't help it. I was taking pictures and the doctor threw it at me."

"He did not!"

"Well, it was sort of just THERE, and I wanted pictures of everything, and..."

Labor does weird things to people's brains.

And just so that doesn't sound too scary happening with no anesthetic, not to worry. You know how if you sit on your foot for an hour it'll be dead numb? More or less the same thing here.

I agree. I tore badly, but didn't feel it while it was happening. The after-effects have been pretty unfun, but the experience itself? I didn't even know I had torn until the doctor told me. And Sarina came out all at once, too... no "head, then shoulders" stuff.

Oh. And I promise not to post my placenta picture. I'll just send it privately to the sickos who request it. :D

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Oh. And I promise not to post my placenta picture. I'll just send it privately to the sickos who request it. :D
Thank you. I may be a sicko, but--that's okay, Jenna. You can keep it.

As for this latest photo--I want to just reach into my computer monitor and pick her up!

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jenna, can you post a picture with her in her stuff Auntie Dork sent?

And I have a request for a tooshie pic if you have one. You know a great gift for grandma is butterfly pictures on a T-shirt. You take some craft paint and swirl some on a plate and dip her butt into the paint and stamp it on the shirt in a few places and make butterflies with T-shirt glue. She wont know it's her butt print until you tell her. The look on my MIL's face, priceless.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
You betcha! This picture's silly, but I still love it. This is the hat that Aunt Dorkie made for Sarina... which she loves. I'll try to post more pics tomorrow.

IMG_1500.jpg

threedogpeople

This is my BEST side!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
threedogpeople.blogspot.com
Baby Katrina is having some small problems. She isn't staying awake long enough to eat as much as she should; so they are doing supplemental feedings. And, she has jaundice so they put her under the "lights". But, her Apgar scores are still good. They still have her in the NICU but are hoping to move her by Monday.

Prayers, warm thoughts, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Hugs! Judy

PS - Will be much relieved when she looks as round and active as baby Sarina! What a beautiful girl!

Filine

On a cloud in Céline heaven
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celinedion.nl

LOL, you always make me laugh out loud...no I am not requesting.

Oh and I just realized that Sarina was born on the same day as Céline's father Adhémar Dion :D

ashleylovescéline

Registered
Reaction score
At this point I want to argue, but I'm... you know... pushing out a baby. So he looked, and apparently it all became fascinating to him, and for the next half hour, it was like he became the nurse's assistant. And he whipped out his camera and took (I am not kidding) 800 photos in the hour after birth, beginning with the moment the baby came out.
HAHAHAHAHA. OMG! Jenna, you crack me up! :ROFL:Triple love the pictures, she gets cuter every day!

Filine said:
Oh and I just realized that Sarina was born on the same day as Céline's father Adhémar Dion

Wow, you're right!

expatbrat

Look what we made:
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.expatbrat.com
Jenna,

Glad to see you are still around these boards. I was thinking it had been a while since we had heard from you (not that I have been all over this forum, I've been limiting my internet time too).

Glad to hear all is going fantastic!

Karen

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jenna,

Glad to see you are still around these boards. I was thinking it had been a while since we had heard from you (not that I have been all over this forum, I've been limiting my internet time too).

Glad to hear all is going fantastic!

Karen

Yo must be ready by now. How long?

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Oh, good, 'cause I put up lots more! :D

http://www.winkflash.com/photo/public.aspx?u=violetfairy

Check it out! Terri, there are 3 pics in there of her with the bear (and one with the hat, too)... the bear and she are the same size right now. :)

Karen! You're so close now! How are you feeling?

Judy, how's Katrina? Sending lots of prayers and good wishes her way.

Cindy, how cool! I hope Celine gets a kick out of that when she sees the birth announcement. :) I went into labor on March 1st, which was my grandmother's birthday, so my mom and aunt were hoping Sarina would make her entrance by midnight, but nope... not until 3:20 p.m. the next day! Looking back, it's kind of funny that I still felt so wide awake. I think I didn't sleep at all for the first 3 days. It was too exciting!

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, how cute she is! It's just discusting! I'm in love, Jenna, and your birth announcement is AWESOME!

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
She is absolutely gorgeous and so is baby Katrina.

*sighs* Now I'm jonesing for a little girl.

expatbrat

Look what we made:
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.expatbrat.com
Yo must be ready by now. How long?

Karen! You're so close now! How are you feeling?

The Doc has our due date at 11 April now - so a week or so...

I had my last day of work yesterday and am now bored of waiting. I want bubs out now. I want to meet him, see what he looks like, check out his little personality, stare into his eyes.

I've done all the me-things I can do: hair is coloured, eyelashes tinted, nails done, facial done. I've run out of pampering things to do. And I finished my book yesterday, I need to find another great one to distract me from this waiting game.

Last Thursday I was told bubs is engaged and I was 1cm dilated. I've had plenty of Braxton Hicks, plenty, so many that my stomach muscles feel like I've done a thousand sit-ups, but thus far nothing else. Maybe today? Maybe 4 more weeks? It is sooooo frustrating waiting, waiting, waiting...

Bump is getting really uncomfortable and with April being the hottest time of the year I am suffering in this heat. The water in the pool is far too hot and the air is much worse. Now I’m dilated I’m sure if I should even been in the pool – I think you can get infections if water, you know, gets “inside.” Aircon is my new best friend. Fans are good buddies too.

Hubs boss died last Monday - he had a heart attack and died. Boss was covering for David by going to Singapore for an important meeting during the week we are due. It has been a big stress finding someone else to go so he can stay here (and all the other stress that happens with the lead bloke on a job is no longer around to answer questions). We just reckon our little project is more important than a billion dollar oil and gas plant. It is just one more thing... But David won't travel - that is great to know. He simply will not go. Got to love a bloke willing to stand up to extreme pressure and put his family first like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.