Jed's Super-Dooper Traditional Irish Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
So, I was sitting around staring at the computer screen and couldn't help but think there was something missing from the newbie forum. I spent hours and hours staring and nothing came to me. Then, in a moment of clarity, I knew what was missing. It was, of course, another super-dooper thread :D .

This is no ordinary super-dooper thread, though. This is the mother of all super-dooper threads. Well, it could be. This is the super-dooper 'Traditional Irish Pub' thead. A place to come and relax, have a pint of Guinness, or maybe a soft drink, so long as it isn't orange juice, I really don't like orange juice. Orange juice is nasty, horrible, yucky...

Anyways, where was I? Oh, yes.

Come in and pull up a chair at the bar and talk, chit-chat, discuss, blabber away about nothing in particular, or just have a drink and laugh with friends. Later, we may add some pub meals, ya never know. Perhaps an Ulster Fry. Let's see how it goes. For newbies, you can practice your posting and get to know other newbies, and not so new newbies, or perhaps those who remember being a newbie and want to part with some advice. Or the very least want a free drink.

So, get posting. The first drink is on the house. The rest you'll have to pay for. But I'll keep the costs at a minimum. :D

Sneaky Devil

Tale-spinner
Registered
Reaction score
i prefer...nevermind
ok i'm wondering if this is just me
does anyone else here find themselves tracking upwards of four or five threads at a time, refreshing your screen every five seconds or so waiting for some time of response?
or am i just a loser???

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
I'll take a mojito... sun's over the yardarm in some part of the world! :)

And, kerri... if you're a loser, you're in good company. We all track four or five or a hundred threads at a time... and end up refreshing the screen constantly. Have you discovered rep points yet? :D

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
you think the noobs will ever actually leave the newbie section now?

Sneaky Devil

Tale-spinner
Registered
Reaction score
yes i have, love giving them to anyone
especially if we have an actual conversation...of sorts

I'll take a mojito... sun's over the yardarm in some part of the world! :)

And, kerri... if you're a loser, you're in good company. We all track four or five or a hundred threads at a time... and end up refreshing the screen constantly. Have you discovered rep points yet? :D

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
i prefer...nevermind
ok i'm wondering if this is just me
does anyone else here find themselves tracking upwards of four or five threads at a time, refreshing your screen every five seconds or so waiting for some time of response?
or am i just a loser???
We must all be losers. I'm doing that all the time. In fact, as soon as I hit submit post on this reply, I'll refresh the page to see if I missed anything. The new posts feature is great. I don't know what I'd do without it :D .

Sneaky Devil

Tale-spinner
Registered
Reaction score
i even have it set to notify me when responses come in, just in case i'm somewhere else doing something else at the moment...

here's a question for everyone...
what's your favorite quote in the world? it doesn't matter if it's from your writing, somebody elses, a movie, whatever

:flag:

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Why don't I kill you? I dont even know you yet. Give me time then maybe I'll have a reason to.

ETA: Oh. Sorry. I thought you were directing me to your sig, I didn't see your question posited above.

I dont have a particular favorite quote. I have one in my sig.

I guess I like, "To thine own self be true," and "The unexamined life is not worth living."

Beach Bunny

The Provocative One
Registered
Reaction score
*waltzes into the pub*
Do you serve tequila in here?

I don't have a favorite quote. I pull them out of the air to suit the occasion. ;)

Sneaky Devil

Tale-spinner
Registered
Reaction score
i want to chit chat with people but i can't seem to think of anything interesting to say...
i've been checking out tons of different threads and adding comments here and there but it JUST ISN'T ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:poke:

sdarb

You want me to write what?
Registered
Reaction score
Single malt scotch for me - neat please.

Among my favorite quotes (which I had to edit because I can't help it):

"It's tougher than Himalayan yak jerky in January. But, as any creative person will tell you, there are days when there's absolutely nothing sweeter than creating something from nothing."

Status
Not open for further replies.