Jed's Super-Dooper Newbie Question-of-the-Week Thread

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Sonia Preston

Registered
Reaction score
The question about having a superpower. For me it would have to be astral travel. Books, writing is only one passion. The other is travel. With astral travel power, you could be anywhere in the world. Without being herded onto a plane and putting up with abnocious security. ✈

laloga

Registered
Reaction score
Website
laloga.com
Oh gosh, I've thought about this way too much. I'd love to fly, or heal, or something, but I'd worry that the power would soon become a burden, either with trying to keep it secret or feeling obligated to use my abilities solely for others, thus not allowing me to live my life. So I want a power that's fun but also kind of mundane.

I want the power to change my hair to anything, at any time. So like, a sleek black bob one moment; a waterfall of rainbow curls the next; a crazy mohawk after that.

I'm a simple woman. 😆

Nether

Registered
Reaction score
I'd just go with reality warping. Maybe it's the writer in me, but why choose one thing when you decide everything?

Granted, it can be dangerous, so I'd probably set safeguards first. I still remember the... I think it was a Bradbury story, but it was about a guy so obstinate that reality itself changed to suit his beliefs (one of several reality-warping Bradbury stories), where he eventually suffered from memory loss and accidentally disbelieved himself out of existence. My first usages would hopefully be finding multiple ways to not let any of those things happen (and a way to create saved-states so I could return to earlier versions of reality, and alternatives)

Happy Thanksgiving

Autumn image for Thanksgiving