• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Jason Yarn Literary Agency

S. L. Saboviec

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saboviec.com
Jason Yarn was previously with Paradigm Talent Agency (AW Thread | Website). He has now apparently left to start his own agency; however, I don't find a website. His Twitter account says that you can query him at a gmail account. He's not listed on Preditors and Editors that I could find, and googling brings up what I just linked plus his time at Paradigm.

It seems a little fishy to me. On the one hand, Paradigm is a huge media agency, which seems like a good background. On the other hand, Jason has left to start his own agency with no web presence and no indication of what genres he's looking for except for one vague tweet about it.

Anyone?

Last edited:

noranne

the possibilities are endless
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nora-bailey.com
I queried him at Paradigm and never heard back, even though he had stated he would respond to all. Based on his QT data, he hasn't responded to anyone since December 2014. It's very strange.

S. L. Saboviec

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saboviec.com
Well, I've decided not to query him, if only because he doesn't seem to be responding to anything. Sounds like he needs some time to sort things out.

I also queried him at Paradigm in summer 2013 and never heard back.

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
He has rejected two of my queries in the past few months, so his reply key still works.

UnbearableLight

Registered
Reaction score
Looks like he split off from Paradigm a while ago. Has anyone here queried him since then? I gave a nudge a while ago (he has a full that was revised on his suggestions) and haven't heard anything.

Last edited:

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
There's already a thread for this agency, and it might contain some of the information you're looking for.

<link snipped>

Last edited by a moderator:

UnbearableLight

Registered
Reaction score
Oh! Thanks. Didn't come up in my search last night for some reason.

e: He's been working on a crowdfunded project since sometime last year. I don't know if that has anything to do with his response rate.

UnbearableLight

Registered
Reaction score
My coauthor got a full request from him a couple years ago with feedback that seemed like a revise and resubmit (plus a phone call!), but then Yarn never responded when we followed up with a revised version. Eventually the manuscript was withdrawn and iirc Yarn said he dropped the ball. He was also doing a children's book project a while ago, so maybe organization suffered during that. Don't know if that's been completed or not.

Fiender

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have recent experience with Jason Yarn? His website mentions an interest in fiction books but all his clients (the ones listed on his website at least) are either non-fiction or graphic novel writers/illustrators.