• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Janczuk Literary Agency (Weronika Janczuk)

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

NervousAnonymous

Registered
Reaction score
What in the world is going on with this agent? I saw a few people discussing her in the thread about D4EO, but apparently she's left that agency to join Janklow & Nesbit and now she's apparently starting her own agency? I truly feel like something fishy is up with this agent. She announced she received a seven-figure book deal, though it was never reported anywhere except her own Twitter, and now she's removed her announcement. She's also posted on her own QueryTracker profile responding to the criticism writers were posting.

Querying writers, beware. I don't know what is happening here, but something stinks.

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
She strikes me as wanting the status but clueless about how to do the work. It's also clear English is not her first language. Nothing wrong with that, unless you're trying to negotiate a 40-page contract.

Large grain of salt for her 7-figure sale claim.

+ Please also be overly careful about not triggering or projecting emotionally. I understand that writing is an inherently personal act (I am also one, and came to agenting from writing), but there is a limit here to the degree to which any agent can and needs to be emotionally present to queries. I average 25+ letters/day on the receiving end, among professional correspondence, client needs, project development, contract management, and more.

I can state that my agent would NEVER post anything remotely unprofessional. The above quote? Oi vey and yikes.

Corvid

~
Registered
Reaction score
I've been following this whole thing for a while and all I can say is it's a real mess. After the stuff she's posted lately I wouldn't want her as my agent in a thousand years. She keeps posting bizarre rants on her website and deleting it. She's digging herself a hole she won't be able to climb out of any time this century. It's honestly kind of sad, at this point it's pretty clear it's some kind of ongoing health issue.

Direct quote from her latest rant:

"I am (a) highly intelligent, (b) highly functioning, (c) often highly stifled by overly-small infrastructure, and (d) highly experienced across different infrastructures, due to high-functioning capacities."

Last edited:

Perimyndith

Registered
Reaction score
I would strongly caution anyone who's considering signing with this agent to contact one of the multiple clients who parted ways with her in the fall of 2019. Their experience will be insightful.

Krampus Nacht

St. Nicholas and Krampus