Is anyone going to RWA National 2017 this week?

CEtchison

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cheryletchison.com
::waves hand:: I'll be there!! Are either of you signing? If so, I'd love to stop by if I can!

And the thing I'm most excited about... I'll be moderating Damon Suede's Friday morning workshop "The Game of Desire: Playing for Keeps". **SQUEE** He did a full day workshop for my local chapter last December on intimacy and it was fabulous! So much fun. If you've never attended one of his workshops, you should come. :)

Marissa D

Scribe of the girls in the basement
Registered
Reaction score
New England but hankering for the old one
Website
www.marissadoyle.com
Damon was at my local RWA conference in April--he's good!

I'm skipping the signing because I've got a 5 pm flight home on Saturday--will anyone be at either the Beau Monde conference on Wednesday or at the FFP's Gathering party on Friday night?

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I won't be at the literacy signing, but I am signing with Berkley when they do theirs.

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
Well done, Cheryl!

I'm told via posts on another loop that there's now beginner level workshops; PRO; PAN; and now "Honors." Selective much?

In the interest of fairness and transparency, I guess I'm still a little hacked off because after 16 contracts and 13 books, I still don't qualify for PAN and probably never will. And yes, I know the sales figures are "not much." Such are the joys of small press publishing.

CEtchison

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cheryletchison.com
Thank you, Deb!

And now I'm going to put on my PAN Liaison hat and tell you that you qualify for PAN. All it takes is a verifiable ISBN or ASIN and about three minutes of your time. Go to the Apply for PAN tab on the RWA website, enter your ISBN number and that's it.

If you've earned $1000 on one title and can provide RWA a copy of your royalty statement, you will be classified as a General PAN member. Otherwise, you will be listed as Provisional PAN. But you definitely qualify and will be given the same access as General PAN members.

Hopefully WLCT

Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of RWA. has anyone here,ever advertised in their National Conference booklet? It's several hundred dollars,depending on the size of your ad,but I can't think of a better way to get some"buzz" on your book.